- This supplement contains 5HTP in a bio-effective form, comprising the natural shrub Griffonia Simplicifolia
- 5-HTP is the safe precursor to serotonin - This supplement also contains the other nutrients necessary for the conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin including Magnesium & Vitamin B6
- Easy-to-swallow gluten-free capsules
- This supplement is suitable for Men, Women and the Elderly
- Yeast free and suitable for vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and Yeast sensitivities
- Free from Genetically Modified Substances
This supplement comes in two sizes – you are viewing the page for the bottle comprising 60 capsules; for the larger size: 5-HTP, 180 capsules.
What is 5-HTP
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an amino acid that is the intermediate step between tryptophan and the important brain chemical serotonin. There is a massive amount of evidence that suggests that low serotonin levels are a common consequence of modern living. The lifestyle and dietary practices of many people living in this stress filled era results in lowered levels of serotonin within the brain. As a result, many people are overweight, crave sugar and other carbohydrates, experience bouts of depression, get frequent headaches, and have vague muscle aches and pain. All of these maladies are correctable by raising brain serotonin levels. For more detailed technical information please request our technical booklet.
Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce supplements which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies.
Suggested Intake: 1 to 2 capsules daily as a food supplement, preferably before bedtime with a carbohydrate snack, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Contraindications: This product is not suitable for pregnant or lactating women, or those taking appetite suppressants containing fenfluramine. If you are on anti-depressant medication, consult your doctor before use.
Non-Active Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose.
Non GM & Free From: Wheat; yeast, starch, gluten; lactose; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.