Antioxidants are nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage that is caused by ‘free radicals’. Free radicals are produced naturally in the body, for example they are a by-product of respiration; and lifestyle factors such as exposure to air pollution, pesticides and smoking can incr...
Antioxidants are nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage that is caused by ‘free radicals’. Free radicals are produced naturally in the body, for example they are a by-product of respiration; and lifestyle factors such as exposure to air pollution, pesticides and smoking can increase their production. They cause oxidative stress and inflammation in the body and many experts believe that free radical damage is an important contributory factor to the development of many chronic diseases and ageing.
The body has mechanisms to produce its own antioxidants – including coenzyme Q10 and glutathione. Antioxidants are also available from some foods such as fruit and vegetables which are rich in the phytonutrients called flavonoids and carotenoids. These give fruit and vegetables their bright colours and this is why it is important to ‘eat the rainbow’ – green, purple, orange, red, yellow and white vegetables and fruit will provide a range of flavonoids and carotenoids.
Some vitamins and minerals also act as antioxidants – these include vitamins C and E and the trace minerals zinc, copper and selenium.
- Antioxidant plus CoQ10
- Antioxidant plus CoQ10 contains excellent levels of vitamin E, vitamin C and selenium, also containing CoQ10
- Vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium and zinc contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, this means they are antioxidants
- An excellent vitamin and mineral antioxidant formula
- Our Boswellia provides 400mg of Boswellia serrata per capsule providing 260mg boswellic acids
- Comes in a size of 60 vegan capsules
- Cell-Active Glutathione
- A powerful antioxidant formula designed to help protect cells from free radicals and delay the signs of aging
- Contains N-Acetyl L Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Gingko Biloba, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Cell-Active Glutathione and Resveratrol
- This product comes in one size of 60 vegan capsules.
- Cherry C
£16.70 fromIn stock
- Cherry C provides vitamin C from acerola cherry which is one of the richest known natural sources of vitamin C
- Acerola cherry also contains a whole array of bioflavonoids, vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients, making it an ideal food-based source of nutrition
- Cherry C contains pure powdered acerola cherry, yielding 25% vitamin C in vegan capsules. Hence each 800mg capsule provides 200mg of vitamin C
- This product includes ubiquinol – the reduced form of CoQ10, along with acetyl L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, rosemary and Gingko biloba
- Acetyl L-carnitine is an important amino acid that we obtain from our diet. It is a vital component of energy metabolism playing a major role in fat metabolism
- Alpha lipoic acid is soluble in both water and fat based tissue. Rosemary contains lipid-soluble flavonoids
- Eye-Cyt contains a range of phytonutrients including lutein, zeaxanthin and mesozeaxanthin along with grape seed extract and bilberry extract
- The macular in the retina of the eye is made up almost entirely of lutein and zeaxanthin
- Eye-Cyt contains zinc which contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- Honey Bee Propolis
- Propolis is a complex food, and over 180 natural compounds have been identified including bioflavonoids
- Propolis is one of nature’s richest sources of bioflavonoids
- Cytoplan Honey Bee Propolis is pure and additive free. One capsule provides 150mg of propolis extract, equivalent to 750mg of propolis powder
- Organic Turmeric Plus
- Organic Turmeric Plus is a herbal complex containing Turmeric (providing curcumin), Cat's Claw and Gotu Kola.
- This product comes a potency of 500mg
- Comes in a size of 60 vegan capsules
- Phytoshield is a very potent and powerful phyto-antioxidant nutrient formula containing high levels of flavonoids and carotenoids
- Each gluten-free capsule supplies 650mg of mixed flavonoids and 15mg of mixed carotenoids
- Tocopherol & Tocotrienol Complex
- This product contains the full spectrum of vitamin E as it occurs in nature i.e. all four tocopherols and all four tocotrienols
- Most vitamin E supplements contain only alpha-tocopherol, the best known member of the eight-member vitamin E family
- Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, this means that it is an antioxidant
- Vitamin C + Bioflavanoids
£14.50 fromIn stock
- This supplement provides a high potency of vitamin C - 1000mg per capsule as ascorbic acid, along with 50mg of bioflavonoids
- Bioflavonoids naturally accompany vitamin C in fruit and vegetables
- Please note this is not a Food State or Wholefood supplement