Antioxidants are nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage that is caused by ‘free radicals’. Free radicals are produced naturally in the body, for example they are a by-product of respiration; and lifestyle factors such as exposure to air pollution, pesticides and smoking can incr...
Antioxidants are nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage that is caused by ‘free radicals’. Free radicals are produced naturally in the body, for example they are a by-product of respiration; and lifestyle factors such as exposure to air pollution, pesticides and smoking can increase their production. They cause oxidative stress and inflammation in the body and many experts believe that free radical damage is an important contributory factor to the development of many chronic diseases and ageing.
The body has mechanisms to produce its own antioxidants – including coenzyme Q10 and glutathione. Antioxidants are also available from some foods such as fruit and vegetables which are rich in the phytonutrients called flavonoids and carotenoids. These give fruit and vegetables their bright colours and this is why it is important to ‘eat the rainbow’ – green, purple, orange, red, yellow and white vegetables and fruit will provide a range of flavonoids and carotenoids.
Some vitamins and minerals also act as antioxidants – these include vitamins C and E and the trace minerals zinc, copper and selenium.
- Antioxidant plus CoQ10
- Antioxidant plus CoQ10 contains excellent levels of vitamin E, vitamin C and selenium, also containing CoQ10
- Vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium and zinc contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, this means they are antioxidants
- An excellent vitamin and mineral antioxidant formula
- Our Boswellia provides 400mg of Boswellia serrata per capsule providing 260mg boswellic acids
- Comes in a size of 60 vegan capsules
- Cherry C
£16.70 fromIn stock
- Cherry C provides vitamin C from acerola cherry which is one of the richest known natural sources of vitamin C
- Acerola cherry also contains a whole array of bioflavonoids, vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients, making it an ideal food-based source of nutrition
- Cherry C contains pure powdered acerola cherry, yielding 25% vitamin C in vegan capsules. Hence each 800mg capsule provides 200mg of vitamin C
- Eye-Cyt contains a range of phytonutrients including lutein, zeaxanthin and mesozeaxanthin along with grape seed extract and bilberry extract
- The macular in the retina of the eye is made up almost entirely of lutein and zeaxanthin
- Eye-Cyt contains zinc which contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- Food State Selenium yeast has been documented by the European Food Standards Agency as being the safest and most bio-effective form of selenium
- Food State Selenium is far better absorbed and used by the body than inorganic selenium. Cytoplan Food State Selenium provides 100µg per tablet
- Selenium contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress (and is therefore an antioxidant), normal immune function and normal thyroid function
- Vitamin C (Food State)
- Food State™️ Vitamin C is combined in citrus pulp from whole, organic, small oranges
- Food State™️ Vitamin C is very low acid, and well tolerated by all, even those with citrus sensitivities
- This supplement comes complete with naturally occurring bioflavonoids, including the sought after flavonoid tangeritin (one flavonoid that has been found to cross the blood-brain barrier)
- Vitamin C + Bioflavanoids
£14.50 fromIn stock
- This supplement provides a high potency of vitamin C - 1000mg per capsule as ascorbic acid, along with 50mg of bioflavonoids
- Bioflavonoids naturally accompany vitamin C in fruit and vegetables
- Please note this is not a Food State or Wholefood supplement