Vitamin D3 Drops
Ideal for vegetarians and vegans this vitamin D supplement comes in the form of vitamin D3 Drops and is suitable for all ages including children. Two drops provide 5µg (200iu) of vitamin D3.
Free delivery on UK orders over £25. All prices shown inclusive of VAT, except where stated. Place order before 2pm and we will despatch your order the same day.
FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £25
Ideal for vegetarians and vegans, this vitamin D3 supplement comes in the form of drops and is suitable for all ages including children.
- Vitamin D is frequently referred to as the sunshine vitamin, as sunlight is necessary for the synthesis of this vitamin (which is produced underneath the skin following exposure to sunlight)
- Those at particular risk for vitamin D deficiency are the elderly (65 years+), those who rarely get outdoors (lack of sunshine) and people with dark skin. Children under five years of age are also at risk
Vitamin D contributes to normal:
- absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- blood calcium levels
- maintenance of bones and teeth
- maintenance of normal muscle function
- function of the immune system
- vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division
- vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
Vitamin D helps to reduce the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness. Falling is a risk factor for bone fractures among men and women 60 years of age and older.
The Department of Health recommends babies from birth to 1 year of age who are being breastfed should be given a daily supplement containing 8.5 to 10µg (micrograms) of vitamin D, whether or not the mother is taking a supplement containing vitamin D. Please note they also recommend that all children aged 6 months to 5 years are given vitamin supplements containing vitamins A, C and D every day unless they are having more than 500ml (about a pint) of infant formula (which is fortified with vitamins). The Department of Health recommends that adults and children over the age of 1 should have 10µg of vitamin D a day.
|2 Drops||5µg (200 i.u.)||100|
|0.5mls||40µg (1600 i.u.)||800|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value|
* Indicates no NRV
Vitamin D3 (plant derived cholecalciferol from lichen), medium chain triglycerides of coconut fatty acids, d-alpha-tocopherol (antioxidant).
As directed by a practitioner: 2 drops = 5µg (200 i.u.), 0.5 mls = 40µg (1600 i.u.)
Vegetarians and Vegans.
This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
Medium chain triglycerides of coconut fatty acids, d-alpha-tocopherol (antioxidant).
GMO, wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, added sugar, colourings & flavourings.
Store in a cool, dry place.
For UK-delivered orders that are under £25.00, we charge a nominal postage and packing fee of £3.50. UK orders above £25.00 are DELIVERED FREE OF CHARGE.
Dependent on weight, your order will either be sent by First Class post (Royal Mail) or via our nominated courier. A signature is required on receipt of the goods if delivered by our courier.
Please check all requirements (import taxes, customs regulations etc) regarding deliveries to countries outside the UK. Cytoplan Ltd cannot be held responsible for parcels that do not comply with the import regulations of the desination country.
We cannot guarantee next day delivery, although you should receive your order within 2-3 working days.
If you have not received your order within 5 working days, please contact our Customer Services department.
1. You can email our Customer Service department via our contact form here.
2. You can telephone on +44(0)1684 310099
3. You can write to us at Cytoplan Ltd, Unit 8 Hanley Workshops, Hanley Road, Hanley Swan, Worcester. Worcestershire.WR8 0DX