Glutamine is an amino acid which can be made in the body from other amino acids and is therefore considered a non-essential amino acid. However, the body’s requirements for glutamine increases with conditions such as burns, wounds and severe illness, and the body’s capacity to synthesise glutamine may be exceeded in these, and other circumstances; then it is referred to as conditionally essential.
Free delivery on UK orders over £25. All prices shown inclusive of VAT, except where stated. Place order before 2pm and we will despatch your order the same day.
FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £25
Amino acids are compounds used by the body for a number of functions including to form proteins. They are often referred to as the building blocks of protein. Proteins are required by the human body for the repair, maintenance and growth of tissue where they perform structural roles. Proteins are also important for enzymes, hormones and neurotransmitters (brain chemicals).
- This supplement comprises pure crystalline free-form L-glutamine. A quarter level teaspoon typically provides 1g of glutamine. A heaped teaspoonful provides 5g
- Glutamine is stored and used by the muscles of the body and is often taken as a supplement post exercise. Muscle tissue has high glutamine requirements
- Glutamine is also used by cells of the gastrointestinal tract as a source of fuel (i.e. used by cells of the digestive system)
- Glutamine can be made in the body from other amino acids and is therefore considered a non-essential amino acid. However, the body’s requirements for glutamine increases with conditions such as burns, wounds and severe illness, and the body’s capacity to synthesise glutamine may be exceeded in these, and other circumstances; then it is referred to as conditionally essential
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value|
* Indicates no NRV
1 to 5 grams daily taken in divided doses, ideally half an hour away from food or at bedtime. This slightly sweet powder can be stirred into water or juice or sprinkled on food. If being used to support exercise recovery should be taken within 2 hours of completion of exercise and the dose for this use can be raised to 10g, or take as directed by a practitioner. A quarter level teaspoon typically provides 1g L-Glutamine. A heaped teaspoonful provides 5g.
Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
This product is not suitable for children, or pregnant or lactating women. People with cancer should consult their doctor before taking L-Glutamine.
Yeast, wheat; starch, gluten; dairy; soy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
For UK-delivered orders that are under £25.00, we charge a nominal postage and packing fee of £3.50. UK orders above £25.00 are DELIVERED FREE OF CHARGE.
Dependent on weight, your order will either be sent by First Class post (Royal Mail) or via our nominated courier. A signature is required on receipt of the goods if delivered by our courier.
Please check all requirements (import taxes, customs regulations etc) regarding deliveries to countries outside the UK. Cytoplan Ltd cannot be held responsible for parcels that do not comply with the import regulations of the desination country.
We cannot guarantee next day delivery, although you should receive your order within 2-3 working days.
If you have not received your order within 5 working days, please contact our Customer Services department.
1. You can email our Customer Service department via our contact form here.
2. You can telephone on +44(0)1684 310099
3. You can write to us at Cytoplan Ltd, Unit 8 Hanley Workshops, Hanley Road, Hanley Swan, Worcester. Worcestershire.WR8 0DX