Essential Fatty Acids
The health benefits of oily fish can be mainly attributed to its fatty acid content. There are two types of essential fatty acids - omega-3 and omega-6. The human body needs sufficient amounts of each and also a suitable ratio between the two. Our modern diet with high levels of sunflower and cor...
The health benefits of oily fish can be mainly attributed to its fatty acid content. There are two types of essential fatty acids - omega-3 and omega-6. The human body needs sufficient amounts of each and also a suitable ratio between the two. Our modern diet with high levels of sunflower and corn oils, processed foods and low oily fish consumption has led to a dramatic alteration in the omega-3 : omega-6 ratio.
All our fish oil omega-3 supplements are made from whole oily fish, we do not use fish livers and our supplements have NO trace of any of the ocean’s pollutants. We have three fish oil supplements: High Potency Fish Oil Capsules, Lem O-3 (a delicious, lemon-flavoured liquid fish oil) and R-Omega (from herring roe) which is especially high in DHA and also provides phospholipids (including phosphatidyl choline and phosphatidyl serine).
We also have a krill oil supplement, which provides EPA, DHA, phospholipids and astaxanthin (this gives krill their red colour).
For vegans and vegetarians we have an algal source of DHA and EPA in our product Omega 3 Vegan.
An important omega-6 fatty acid is gamma linolenic acid. This is made in the body from another omega-6 fatty acid, linoleic acid, which is obtained from the diet. Although the body can produce GLA directly from linoleic acid, sometimes the conversion is not very efficient and many people choose to supplement with GLA for a number of reasons. Therefore, we have Evening Primrose Oil which provides GLA and our Omega Balance provides DHA and EPA, along with GLA.
Essential Fatty Acids
- Cell-Active Phospholec
£14.20 fromIn stock
- This supplement comprises high potency soya lecithin granules, allowing flexible dosing
- Lecithin describes a naturally-occurring mixture of phospholipids. These lecithin granules include an excellent level of phosphatidyl choline (30-35%)
- Lecithin is present in every cell in the human body in the form of cell membranes
- Evening Primrose Oil
£13.95 Special Price £15.50 Regular PriceIn stock
- Cytoplan Cold pressed Evening Primrose Oil yields on average 50mg of GLA (gamma linolenic acid) per capsule
- Many women choose to supplement with Evening Primrose Oil around the time of their period or during the menopause
- Comes in a size of 60 vegan capsules
- Fish Oil Capsules
£14.30 fromIn stock
- Cytoplan High Potency Fish Oil capsules provide the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA – 330mg of EPA and 220mg of DHA per two capsule dose
- Guaranteed to be clean, stable and free from pollutants
- FEPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA)
- Krill Oil
- Krill provide a natural source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA along with phospholipids including phostadylcholine
- Also contains high levels of astaxanthin, which gives krill their natural red colour
- Our Krill Oil comes from a sustainable source operated within the strict guidelines of The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources
- Lem-O-3 is a delicious, lemon-flavoured fish oil (omega-3) with a lovely tangy lemon taste. One teaspoon (5ml) provides 673mg of EPA and 462.5mg of DHA
- This whole body fish oil includes 7% extract of green lemon and no other flavourings or artificial ingredients
- All fish oil products sold by Cytoplan are absolutely clean, stable and have NO trace of any of the ocean pollutants, heavy metals, etc.
- Omega 3 Vegan
- An ideal vegan source of the important omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA
- Two capsules will provide 334mg of DHA and 166mg of EPA (on average)
- Derived from plant marine algae Schizochytrium sp.
- Omega Balance
- Our cold pressed vegan Omega Balance provides 500mg of omega-3 and 500mg of omega-6 per capsule
- Provides the omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA and the omega-6 fatty acid GLA. Fatty acids are equally as important as vitamins and minerals. For example, EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart
- The fatty acids are cold pressed which means that they will remain unharmed throughout the extraction process
- Organic Flaxseed Oil
- This supplement comprises 500ml of cold pressed flaxseed oil, certified organic by the Soil Association
- The fresh oil of the flax seed is the richest omega-3 edible oil, containing on average 55% of the essential fatty acid linolenic acid
- We recommend that vegetarians and vegans also take an algal oil supplement which provides the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. See our product Omega 3 Vegan, product code 1174
- R-Omega is a phospholipid rich DHA and EPA omega-3 supplement from herring roe
- R-Omega contains 340mg of DHA and 100mg of EPA per two capsule dose, along with phospholipids
- DHA is the predominant omega-3 fatty acid found in the brain