Weight for weight, the eye has a greater requirement for nutrients, (in particular antioxidants such as vitamin E and zinc) than any other organ in the body. Even a slight shortfall of essential nutrients and/or blood flow may cause deterioration in eye function. The centre of the macular in the ...
Weight for weight, the eye has a greater requirement for nutrients, (in particular antioxidants such as vitamin E and zinc) than any other organ in the body. Even a slight shortfall of essential nutrients and/or blood flow may cause deterioration in eye function. The centre of the macular in the retina of the eye is made up almost entirely of lutein, zeaxanthin and meso-zeaxanthin (known as macular pigments). Lutein’s role in the eye is to filter blue light and protect the retina from UV damage.
People whose diets are high in purple, yellow and orange fruits and dark green vegetables (which are high in antioxidants including carotenoids) have a lower risk of developing some types of eye conditions, in particular those that develop with age.
Vitamins A and B2 (riboflavin), the trace mineral zinc and the omega-3 fatty acid DHA are recognised as contributing to the maintenance of normal vision.
- Cell-Active Curcumin Plus
- Cell-Active Curcumin Plus contains curcumin from turmeric and gingerols from ginger root
- Cell-Active Curcumin Plus now includes Longvida® Optimised Curcumin. The patented technology behind Longvida® renders the curcumin highly permeable, soluble and stable
- Scientifically proven to be up to 285 times more bioavailable than standard 95% curcumin
- Fos-A-Dophilus contains six strains of live native bacteria, plus a small amount of fructooligosaccharides
- Includes specially cultivated strains which will survive the challenges of stomach acid and bile in the human digestive tract. With antibiotic resistant strains and stable at room temperature - so no need to refrigerate
- Ideal for adults over 40. It can also be taken by younger adults but we generally recommend our Acidophilus Plus for ages 4 to 40
- Foundation Formula 1
- Ideally suited to youngsters and menstruating women: A superb, two-a-day Food State multivitamin and mineral formula that includes iron
- Foundation Formula 1 has good levels of the trace minerals selenium and zinc as well as chromium. B vitamins, vitamins C, D, E and K are all included at relevant levels
- With 1-3, 1-6 beta glucan; this is a soluble fibre and is a key ingredient in our Immunovite supplement, code 3210/3211
- Foundation Formula 2
£38.20Out of stock
- A no-iron formula, thus ideally suited to men and post-menopausal women: A superb, improved, two-a-day Food State multivitamin and mineral formula
- Foundation Formula 2 has good levels of trace minerals including 150µg of selenium, 7mg of zinc and 80µg of chromium. B vitamins, vitamins C, D, E and K are all included at relevant levels
- With 1-3, 1-6 beta glucan; this is a soluble fibre and is also a key ingredient in our Immunovite supplement
- Krill Oil
- Krill Oil contains the beneficial omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA and high levels of astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant
- The EPA and DHA in krill oil are bound to phospholipids, which research suggests may be more easily absorbed by the gut than the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oils
- EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart
- P5P Extra
- A comprehensive high potency vitamin B-complex in Food State form, providing 25mg of vitamin B6 (as P5P) per tablet. Other B vitamins are also provided at good levels
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and the regulation of hormonal activity
- P5P Extra also includes the trace mineral chromium which contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels, as well as a small amount of vitamin C
- R-Omega is a phospholipid rich DHA and EPA omega-3 supplement from herring roe
- R-Omega contains 340mg of DHA and 100mg of EPA per two capsule dose, along with phospholipids
- DHA is the predominant omega-3 fatty acid found in the brain