Menopause represents a time for change in nutritional requirements. For example good iron levels previously required are now far less important and women need worry less about getting plenty of iron from their diet. However maintaining a healthy bone density with appropriate nutrition becomes inc...
Menopause represents a time for change in nutritional requirements. For example good iron levels previously required are now far less important and women need worry less about getting plenty of iron from their diet. However maintaining a healthy bone density with appropriate nutrition becomes increasingly important as falling oestrogen levels increases the risk of bone-density loss.
Optimal levels of calcium, magnesium and other minerals are needed to ensure healthy bones. Vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K and plant-derived phyto-nutrients are also important. Foods rich in the plant phyto-oestrogens such as pulses, beans and soya are believed to assist in maintaining the hormonal balance. Weight-bearing exercise, such as regularly walking, is important for bone density.
- 5-HTP Plus
£17.60 fromIn stock
- 5-HTP Plus contains 5-HTP from the shrub Griffonia. The 5-HTP is in a bio-effective form - 5-HTP is a safe precursor to serotonin
- This supplement also contains the nutrients necessary for the conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin - magnesium & vitamin B6
- Magnesium is involved in many essential metabolic processes relating to mental well-being
- High in natural phyto antioxidants and immune system support
- This Wholefood multivitamin and mineral formula is high in B-complex vitamins (especially B12) and vitamin C
- Includes excellent levels of trace minerals - zinc, selenium, chromium and others
- Cell-Active DIM
- This product is used to support liver detoxification, in particular where hormone imbalances are suspected.
- DIM is a metabolite of indole-3-carbinol found in cruciferous vegetables, which has been shown to support healthy oestrogen metabolism.
- Calcium D-glucarate is a compound which is used in an important liver detoxification pathway
- Evening Primrose Oil
£13.95 Special Price £15.50 Regular PriceIn stock
- Cytoplan Cold pressed Evening Primrose Oil yields 500mg of Omega 6 per gluten-free capsule
- High in Omega 6 fatty acids linoleic acid and gamma linolenic acid (GLA). Fatty acids are as important as vitamins and minerals, but not all can be made in the body, and essential fatty acids have to be supplied in our food or by supplement
- Many women choose to supplement with Evening Primrose Oil around the time of their period or during the menopause
- Krill Oil
- Krill are the most bioeffective natural sources of beneficial Omega 3 fatty acids EPA/ DHA
- Also contains high levels of Astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant and Choline, used in neurotransmitter synthesis
- Krill Oil nutrients contribute to the normal function of the heart and comprise antioxidant properties
- Magnesium Citrate
- Magnesium Citrate is the best of the non-food forms of magnesium
- As a citrate it is readily absorbed into the bloodstream via the citric acid cycle
- Magnesium is an essential mineral - nearly 70% of the body's supply is located in the bones - magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth
- Phyto-Flavone has been shown to have positive effects on bone and heart health and improves gut micro-flora due to the beneficially derived active ingredients from soy germ
- Phyto-Flavone is not only a source of isoflavones, it also provides 40 additional health-supporting nutrients, some of which improve the efficacy of the isoflavones genistein, daidzein and glycitein
- Epidemiological research has shown us that the high consumption of soy in oriental countries is linked to a lower incidence of many degenerative diseases
- Wholefood Multi
£17.60 fromIn stock
- Ideal for adults, in particular postmenopausal women and men
- A Wholefood multivitamin and mineral supplement including antioxidants, vitamin D and chromium
- Includes minerals hydroponically grown into a base of cruciferous vegetable, Brassica juncea, an edible member of the Brassica family