Free delivery on UK orders of £25 and over. All prices shown inclusive of VAT, except where stated. Place order before 2pm and we will despatch your order the same day.
FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OF £25 AND OVER
Taurine is a sulphur-containing amino acid. Amino acids are compounds used by the body for a number of functions including the formation of proteins, thus they are often referred to as the building blocks of proteins. However, taurine is a free amino acid which is not incorporated into proteins, it is abundant in many tissues including the heart, eyes, nerve cells and skeletal muscle.
- Taurine is used in the production of bile acids which are important for fat digestion and absorption
- Taurine is the most abundant amino acid in the retina (the back of the eye)
- Important dietary sources of taurine are fish and seafood, meat also contains a modest amount. In addition taurine can be synthesised in the body, from other sulphur containing amino acids - methionine and cysteine. The rate of biosynthesis is low and requires pyridoxal-5-phosphate (the active coenzyme form of vitamin B6) as a cofactor. A vitamin B6 deficiency has been shown to impair taurine synthesis. Thus taurine is classed as a conditionally essential nutrient
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value|
* Indicates no NRV
L-Taurine, HPMC (vegetable cellulose, capsule shell)
1 to 3 capsules daily away from food as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner
vegetarians and vegans
This product is not suitable for children or women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are taking any medication please check with your doctor before taking this product.
HPMC (vegetable cellulose, capsule shell)
Non GM & Free From: wheat, gluten; soy, dairy, added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
For UK-delivered orders that are under £25.00, we charge a nominal postage and packing fee of £3.50. UK orders of £25.00 and over are DELIVERED FREE OF CHARGE.
Dependent on weight, your order will either be sent by First Class post (Royal Mail) or via our nominated courier. A signature is required on receipt of the goods if delivered by our courier.
Please check all requirements (import taxes, customs regulations etc) regarding deliveries to countries outside the UK. Cytoplan Ltd cannot be held responsible for parcels that do not comply with the import regulations of the desination country.
We cannot guarantee next day delivery, although you should receive your order within 2-3 working days.
If you have not received your order within 5 working days, please contact our Customer Services department.
1. You can email our Customer Service department via our contact form here.
2. You can telephone on +44(0)1684 310099
3. You can write to us at Cytoplan Ltd, Unit 8 Hanley Workshops, Hanley Road, Hanley Swan, Worcester. Worcestershire.WR8 0DX