Due to global supply chain issues on our usual 'Omega 3 Vegan' raw material, I am afraid we will be out of stock of this product until late September. We have managed to secure supply of a similar raw material whilst the other product is out of stock. This can be found here. The new product 'Omega 3 DHA (Vegan)' is higher in DHA, having 200mg per capsule, and this is the primary fatty acid in the 'Omega 3 Vegan' formula. 'Omega 3 DHA' does not contain EPA, however, if you want a product with DHA and EPA we do have our vegan 'Omega Balance' which also contains GLA and can be found here. Both of these products are available at a lower price than the 'Omega 3 Vegan' at this time.
I am so sorry 'Omega 3 Vegan' is out of stock and I do hope one of our other vegan omega fatty acid formulae will meet your needs. If you have any questions, please do email or call us.
Cytoplan's Omega 3 Vegan is derived from the plant marine algae Schizochytrium sp microalgae. This supplement offers a good source of vegan DHA and EPA for vegetarians and vegans. Algal omega-3 oil has been commercially available for a while but it did not contain meaningful amounts of EPA.
- An algal source of omega-3 fatty acids - rich in both DHA and EPA
- Derived from a completely vegan source - Schizochytrium sp microalgae
- From microalgae that is grown in a controlled environment, eliminating the risk of oceanic contamination
- From start to finish, it is produced in an FDA-inspected facility, under current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) regulations
DHA contributes to:
- the maintenance of normal brain function (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA)
- the maintenance of normal vision
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) intake contributes to the normal visual development of infants up to twelve months of age (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 100mg of DHA)
Maternal intake of DHA contributes to the normal development of the brain and eyes of the foetus and breastfed infants (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 200mg of DHA in addition to 250mg of EPA and DHA)
DHA and EPA contribute to:
- the maintenance of normal blood pressure (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3g of EPA and DHA)
- the maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of EPA and DHA)
EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA)