Biological tissues are dynamic and two opposing processes – the breakdown and removal of worn out cells and cell components (clastic activity) and the building and regeneration of cells (known as blastic activity) are constantly going on at the same time. If blastic and clastic processes are in...
Biological tissues are dynamic and two opposing processes – the breakdown and removal of worn out cells and cell components (clastic activity) and the building and regeneration of cells (known as blastic activity) are constantly going on at the same time. If blastic and clastic processes are in balance then good health is sustained, but if the rate of breakdown exceeds the rate of repair there will be a net loss of healthy tissue and eventually the emergence of a diagnosable condition – for example osteoarthritis or osteoporosis.
Age, nutritional status and lifestyle factors can all contribute to the rate of breakdown exceeding the rate of repair. The constant renewal and repair of cells and tissues requires an adequate supply of nutrients.
Glucosamine, which is naturally synthesised within the body, but rarely found in natural food sources, provides raw material for the building blocks of cartilage tissue around joints. When there is excess wear, more raw material is needed for the joints and surrounding structures in our bodies. The production of glucosamine may decrease as we age.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body; accounting for approximately 25% of the body’s protein mass. As a major component of connective tissue, it can be found in the skin, muscles, tendons and cartilage in joints. The body’s ability to produce collagen naturally declines with age by as much as a 1% reduction annually. Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation.
- Celadrin® is a plant-based supplement for joint pain and inflammation - especially for small joints such as hands and feet
- Celadrin® is a patented combination of fatty acids which support the integrity of cell membranes in the body thus balancing the inflammatory process and reducing pain
- This vegan Celadrin® contains fatty acids from a plant-based source (sustainably sourced palm oil)
- This product includes ubiquinol – the reduced form of CoQ10, along with acetyl L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, rosemary and Gingko biloba
- Acetyl L-carnitine is an important amino acid that we obtain from our diet. It is a vital component of energy metabolism playing a major role in fat metabolism
- Alpha lipoic acid is soluble in both water and fat based tissue. Rosemary contains lipid-soluble flavonoids
- Omega 3 Vegan
- An ideal vegan source of the important omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA
- Two capsules will provide 334mg of DHA and 166mg of EPA (on average)
- Derived from plant marine algae Schizochytrium sp.