Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
Preconception is an important time, during which both prospective parents can prepare their bodies by ensuring good nutrition to assist fertility and conception. Once conception has occurred, then continuing with a high quality, nutrient dense diet and balanced lifestyle can support the health of...
Preconception is an important time, during which both prospective parents can prepare their bodies by ensuring good nutrition to assist fertility and conception. Once conception has occurred, then continuing with a high quality, nutrient dense diet and balanced lifestyle can support the health of both mother and baby.
Nutritional needs increase significantly during pregnancy to meet the demands of the growing baby and to allow for changes in your own body.
The government recommends supplementing with 400µg of folic acid for at least three months prior to conception and during the first trimester of pregnancy. The government also recommends supplementing with 10µg of vitamin D for three months preconception and during pregnancy.
We recommend that women take an all-round multivitamin and mineral along with omega-3 fatty acids during preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
- Pregna-Plan is a multivitamin and mineral specifically formulated for all stages of pregnancy and breastfeeding
- This formula is also ideal to take preconception
- The recommended dose of two tablets includes the current UK Government’s recommendations for folic acid and vitamin D, along with excellent levels of other vitamins and minerals
- Choline Bitartrate Powder
- Choline is a water-soluble B vitamin. It can be produced in the human body, but natural quantities are often insufficient
- Choline bitartrate is a gentle and bioavailable form of choline, ours is in powder form
- Choline contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism and the maintenance of normal liver function
- Acidophilus Plus
£18.70 fromIn stock
- Acidophilus Plus contains Lactobacillus acidophilus and a further eight live native bacterial strains, plus a small amount of fructooligosaccharides
- Acidophilus Plus capsules comprise specially cultivated strains which will survive the challenges of stomach acid and bile in the human digestive tract. With antibiotic resistant strains and stable at room temperature - so no need to refrigerate
- Ideal for children aged four years and upwards and adults up to their early 40s. Can also be taken by older adults but we generally recommend Fos-A-Dophilus for over 40s
- Cytoplan Methylfolate contains 400ug of methylfolate per capsule in a base of alfalfa
- Methylfolate (5-MTHF) is a stable, methylated form of folate and fulfils all the known uses of folic acid
- If methylfolate supplementation is indicated, we recommend taking an all-round multi that includes all the B vitamins as a foundation
- Bone Support
- Our Bone Support formula provides Wholefood calcium, an organic multi-mineral seaweed product. Calcium is needed for the maintenance of normal bones
- This formula also provides magnesium, vitamin D3 and vitamin K which contribute to the maintenance of normal bones along with boron
- Ideally used in conjunction with one of our multi-formulae