Essential Fatty Acids
The health benefits of oily fish can be mainly attributed to its fatty acid content. There are two types of essential fatty acids - omega-3 and omega-6. The human body needs sufficient amounts of each and also a suitable ratio between the two. Our modern diet with high levels of sunflower and cor...
The health benefits of oily fish can be mainly attributed to its fatty acid content. There are two types of essential fatty acids - omega-3 and omega-6. The human body needs sufficient amounts of each and also a suitable ratio between the two. Our modern diet with high levels of sunflower and corn oils, processed foods and low oily fish consumption has led to a dramatic alteration in the omega-3 : omega-6 ratio.
All our fish oil omega-3 supplements are made from whole oily fish, we do not use fish livers and our supplements have NO trace of any of the ocean’s pollutants. We have three fish oil supplements: High Potency Fish Oil Capsules, Lem O-3 (a delicious, lemon-flavoured liquid fish oil) and R-Omega (from herring roe) which is especially high in DHA and also provides phospholipids (including phosphatidyl choline and phosphatidyl serine).
We also have a krill oil supplement, which provides EPA, DHA, phospholipids and astaxanthin (this gives krill their red colour).
For vegans and vegetarians we have an algal source of DHA and EPA in our product Omega 3 Vegan.
Essential Fatty Acids
- Krill Oil
- Krill Oil contains the beneficial omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA and high levels of astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant
- The EPA and DHA in krill oil are bound to phospholipids, which research suggests may be more easily absorbed by the gut than the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oils
- EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart
- Organic Blackseed Oil
- 100% Cold pressed virgin Organic Black Seed oil produced from the seeds of Nigella sativa, a flowering plant that is native to Southern Europe, Southwest Asia, and North Africa
- Black seed oil has a long history of use in various traditional systems of medicine and is said to have a broad number of therapeutic benefits
- Black seed oil contains the bioactive component - thymoquinone, which is a potent antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory compound
- R-Omega is a phospholipid rich DHA and EPA omega-3 supplement from herring roe
- R-Omega contains 340mg of DHA and 100mg of EPA per two capsule dose, along with phospholipids
- DHA is the predominant omega-3 fatty acid found in the brain