For many years now at Cytoplan we have presented the rationale that there is a nutrition gap in most people’s diets. The nutrition gap describes the difference between the levels of nutrients the average person, eating a reasonable Western diet, is obtaining from food, and the levels of nutrien...
For many years now at Cytoplan we have presented the rationale that there is a nutrition gap in most people’s diets. The nutrition gap describes the difference between the levels of nutrients the average person, eating a reasonable Western diet, is obtaining from food, and the levels of nutrients identified by research as being needed for optimal health. Nutrient shortfalls can impact adversely on both immediate and long-term health.
The nutritional status of our bodies is dependent on a number of factors, including:
- Food choices
- Food growing, processing and preparation methods
- The nutrient content of the food we eat – this has decreased significantly over the last 80 years with the development of intensive farming
- The ability of our bodies to assimilate these nutrients
- Lifestyle factors, such as smoking, stress, alcohol intake and medications which increase the need for certain nutrients
- Our level of activity (energy expenditure)
Therefore, we recommend an all-round multivitamin and mineral formula is taken daily, as a foundation, to bridge the nutrition gap.
- High in natural phyto antioxidants and immune system support
- This Wholefood multivitamin and mineral formula is high in B-complex vitamins (especially B12) and vitamin C
- Includes excellent levels of trace minerals - zinc, selenium, chromium and others
- CoQ10 Multi
£14.20 fromIn stock
- Our most comprehensive Wholefood multivitamin and mineral formula available incorporating CoQ10, beta glucan and excellent all-round vitamin and mineral levels
- This Wholefood multivitamin and mineral formula is high in B-complex vitamins (especially B12), vitamin C and vitamin D3. Includes excellent levels of trace minerals - zinc, selenium, chromium and others
- A low iron formula so ideal for men and post-menopausal women. However, it can also be used by younger women looking for a multi that includes CoQ10 and higher levels of vitamin B12
- Immune Complete 1
£24.50 fromIn stock
- All-encompassing multivitamin, mineral and phytonutrient complex incorporating optimal levels of key immune supporting nutrients and excellent all-round vitamin and mineral levels
- Our Immune Complete 1 includes a powerful combination of nutrients including vitamins A, C and D, selenium, zinc, beta glucan, quercetin, resveratrol and N-Acetyl-Cysteine.
- This product contains iron and is ideally suited to teenagers and menstruating women.
- Immune Complete 2
£24.50 fromIn stock
- All-encompassing multivitamin, mineral and phytonutrient complex incorporating optimal levels of key immune supporting nutrients and excellent all-round vitamin and mineral levels.
- Our Immune Complete 2 includes a powerful combination of nutrients including vitamins A, C and D, selenium, zinc, beta glucan, quercetin and N-Acetyl-Cysteine.
- This product does not contain iron and is therefore suitable for adults, in particular men and postmenopausal women.
- Wholefood Multi
£18.10 fromIn stock
- Ideal for adults, in particular postmenopausal women and men as this is a low iron multi
- A Wholefood multivitamin and mineral supplement which includes minerals hydroponically grown into a base of Brassica juncea, a cruciferous vegetable similar to broccoli
- The vegetable and fruit powder blend of carrot, Spirulina, alfalfa, artichoke leaf, beetroot, acai berry and acerola provides extra phytonutrients
- Kids Immunovite
- Kids Immunovite contains vitamin C, iron, zinc and selenium, all of which contribute to the normal functioning of the immune system
- This product also contains beta 1-3, 1-6 glucan; a natural form of soluble dietary fibre
- Small and easy to swallow capsules. This product is designed to be taken alongside our children's chewable multivitamin and mineral - Nutri Bears
- Organic Women's Multi
- Multivitamin and mineral – nutrients are provided by a blend of edible plants including amla, fruit, guava fruit, Holy basil leaves, curry leaves and lemon fruit extracts
- High in iron – 9mg per capsule or 18mg per two capsule dose
- Certified Organic by the Soil Association
- Bone Support
- Our Bone Support formula provides Wholefood calcium, an organic multi-mineral seaweed product. Calcium is needed for the maintenance of normal bones
- This formula also provides magnesium, vitamin D3 and vitamin K which contribute to the maintenance of normal bones along with boron
- Ideally used in conjunction with one of our multi-formulae
- This product includes ubiquinol – the reduced form of CoQ10, along with acetyl L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, rosemary and Gingko biloba
- Acetyl L-carnitine is an important amino acid that we obtain from our diet. It is a vital component of energy metabolism playing a major role in fat metabolism
- Alpha lipoic acid is soluble in both water and fat based tissue. Rosemary contains lipid-soluble flavonoids
- Antioxidant plus CoQ10
- Antioxidant plus CoQ10 contains excellent levels of vitamin E, vitamin C and selenium, also containing CoQ10
- Vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium and zinc contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, this means they are antioxidants
- An excellent vitamin and mineral antioxidant formula