FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OF £25 AND OVER
Fos-A-Dophilus is our best-selling probiotic supplement. It contains six strains of live native bacteria (probiotics), plus a small amount of fructo-oligosaccharides, providing four billion live bacteria per capsule.
Contains specially cultivated strains which are stable at room temperature so no need to refrigerate. Ideal for adults over the age of 40.
- Contains 6 live & active probiotic strains
- Active throughout whole GI tract
- Wide-ranging activity from strain combination
- Bile acid & antibiotic resistant
- Stable at room temperature
Fos-A-Dophilus - More about this Probiotic supplement
- We particularly recommend Fos-A-Dophilus as a probiotic supplement for people over 40 years of age
- The gut microbiome is made up of many different species of bacteria, some of which are considered beneficial, and others are pathogenic
- The balance of bacteria within the gut can be easily disrupted by stress, poor diet, excess alcohol, illness and antibiotic use. Live bacteria (probiotics) help us to maintain a balance of beneficial bacteria within the gut
- Fos-A-Dophilus contains the native live bacteria strains Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus, along with the fructo-oligosaccharide inulin
- This blend of native bacterial strains is designed to have activity throughout the whole digestive tract, both the distal end of the small intestine and throughout the colon
- Each capsule will provide a culture of four billion live bacteria (live viable dehydrated bacteria)
- A one-a-day dose is ideal for maintenance. This can be increased to one capsule three times daily in acute situations
- Provides strains that are pure, naturally fermented, antibiotic resistant and able to survive the challenges of stomach acid and bile within the digestive tract
- Stable at room temperature so no need to refrigerate
When should you take this probiotic supplement?
- The form of this product makes it ideal for travelling or taking on holiday
- This product is ideal for long or short-term use
- Particularly recommended for people over 40 as it is higher in Bifidobacteria which colonise the large intestine and are less easily replenished in those over the age of 40. For younger adults we generally recommend our ‘Acidophilus Plus’ product
|Lactobacillus animalis ssp lactis||5%||*|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value|
* Indicates no NRV
Inulin (fructo-oligo-saccharide), dehydrated bacterial culture (bifidobacterium longum RO175, lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, lactobacillus animalis ssp lactis B94, bifidobacterium breve ROO7O, bifidobacterium infantis ROO33, lactobacillus acidophilus RO418), potato starch, magnesium stearate, ascorbic acid (antioxidant), HPMC (vegetable cellulose, capsule shell).
1-2 capsules daily, taken half an hour after food, or at the end of the meal, or as directed by a practitioner.
For those travelling: Start taking Fos-A-Dophilus for at least 7 days prior to the start of your journey. During travel take the recommended daily dose, and continue to do so for at least 7 days following the end of your travels.
Vegetarians and people with Candida, yeast and lactose sensitivities.
Potato starch, magnesium stearate, ascorbic acid (antioxidant), HPMC (vegetable cellulose, capsule shell).
GMO, wheat, added sugar, flavourings & colourings. Fos-A-Dophilus has been analysed and no dairy proteins are present.
Keep cool, dry, and out of direct sunlight. DO NOT REFRIGERATE