Vitamin B12 Hydroxo Sublingual
A high potency of 1mg (1,000µg) per sublingual tablet. Hydroxocobalamin is an inactive form of vitamin B12 which is converted in the body into the active methylcobalamin form. People at particular risk of vitamin B12 deficiency include those eating a vegan or vegetarian diet, people with low stomach acid or other digestive conditions leading to malabsorption (and some prescription medications can reduce B12).
Free delivery on UK orders over £25. All prices shown inclusive of VAT, except where stated. Place order before 12pm and we will despatch your order the same day.
FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £25
Cytoplan Vitamin B12 Hydroxocobalamin is at a high potency of 1mg (1,000µg) per sublingual tablet.
- Sublingual means beneath the tongue and these tablets will dissolve in the mouth allowing oral absorption
- Hydroxocobalamin is an inactive form of vitamin B12. It is converted into the active methylcobalamin in the body. For some people this form may be indicated rather than the active methylcobalamin (see also our Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin/Adenosylcobalamin product code 1053)
- Hydroxocobalamin B12 has high affinity to plasma proteins and so may be retained in the blood stream for a much longer period of time, compared to cyanocobalamin
Hydroxocobalamin B12 may be indicated:
- to start supplementation of B12 if one has both a folate and a vitamin B12 deficiency
- as a scavenger of nitric oxide, an essential muscle regulator that also acts as a free radical. Too much nitric oxide can contribute to oxidative stress
- vegan and vegetarian diets can be low in B12
- other people at risk of low B12 include those with digestive conditions that lead to malabsorption; low stomach acid (e.g. due to long-term antacid medication, proton pump inhibitors, H2 blockers, ageing or zinc deficiency); surgery where nitrous oxide has been used as an anaesthetic; and other prescription medications which impair B12 absorption (e.g. metformin, colchicine, neomycin and others)
Vitamin B12 contributes to normal:
- energy-yielding metabolism
- functioning of the nervous system
- homocysteine metabolism
- psychological function
- red blood cell formation
- immune system function
Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Vitamin B12 has a role in the process of cell division
|sublingual Hyroxo B12||1mg||40,000|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value|
* Indicates no NRV
Dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, sublingual hydroxo b12; vegetable stearic acid.
Place one tablet daily under the tongue until it is dissolved. Any residue can be swallowed with liquid after two minutes. Or take as directed by a practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
If you have recently had coronary stent surgery do not take except under medical advice
Dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearic acid
Wheat, starch, gluten, yeast, soy, dairy, added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight
For UK-delivered orders that are under £25.00, we charge a nominal postage and packing fee of £3.50. UK orders above £25.00 are DELIVERED FREE OF CHARGE.
Dependent on weight, your order will either be sent by First Class post (Royal Mail) or via our nominated courier. A signature is required on receipt of the goods if delivered by our courier.
Please check all requirements (import taxes, customs regulations etc) regarding deliveries to countries outside the UK. Cytoplan Ltd cannot be held responsible for parcels that do not comply with the import regulations of the desination country.
We cannot guarantee next day delivery, although you should receive your order within 2-3 working days.
If you have not received your order within 5 working days, please contact our Customer Services department.
1. You can email our Customer Service department via our contact form here.
2. You can telephone on +44(0)1684 310099
3. You can write to us at Cytoplan Ltd, Unit 8 Hanley Workshops, Hanley Road, Hanley Swan, Worcester. Worcestershire.WR8 0DX