Menopause represents a time for change in nutritional requirements. For example, good iron levels required during the menstruation years are now far less important and women need worry less about getting plenty of iron from their diet. However, maintaining a healthy bone density with appropriate ...
Menopause represents a time for change in nutritional requirements. For example, good iron levels required during the menstruation years are now far less important and women need worry less about getting plenty of iron from their diet. However, maintaining a healthy bone density with appropriate nutrition becomes increasingly important as falling oestrogen levels increases the risk of bone density loss.
Optimal levels of calcium, magnesium and other minerals are needed to ensure healthy bones. Vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K and plant-derived phyto-nutrients are also important. Research in Japan has found foods rich in the plant phyto-oestrogens such as pulses, beans and soya to have beneficial effects. Weight-bearing exercise, such as regularly walking or resistance training, is important for bone density.
- High in natural phyto antioxidants and immune system support
- This Wholefood multivitamin and mineral formula is high in B-complex vitamins (especially B12) and vitamin C
- Includes excellent levels of trace minerals - zinc, selenium, chromium and others
- Bone Support
- Our Bone Support formula provides Wholefood calcium, an organic multi-mineral seaweed product. Calcium is needed for the maintenance of normal bones
- This formula also provides magnesium, vitamin D3 and vitamin K which contribute to the maintenance of normal bones along with boron
- Ideally used in conjunction with one of our multi-formulae
- Cell-Active DIM
- DIM (Diindolylmethane) is a metabolite of a phytochemical called indole-3-carbinol found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts and cabbage
- This product combines DIM with calcium d-glucarate metabolism
- Each capsule provides 100mg of DIM and 200mg of calcium d-glucarate
- Immune Complete 2
£24.50 fromIn stock
- All-encompassing multivitamin, mineral and phytonutrient complex incorporating optimal levels of key immune supporting nutrients and excellent all-round vitamin and mineral levels.
- Our Immune Complete 2 includes a powerful combination of nutrients including vitamins A, C and D, selenium, zinc, beta glucan, quercetin and N-Acetyl-Cysteine.
- This product does not contain iron and is therefore suitable for adults, in particular men and postmenopausal women.
- Krill Oil
- Krill Oil contains the beneficial omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA and high levels of astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant
- The EPA and DHA in krill oil are bound to phospholipids, which research suggests may be more easily absorbed by the gut than the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oils
- EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart
- L-Theanine is an amino acid, found in tea leaves
- It is a free amino acid and therefore is not used by the body to form proteins. Free amino acids have a number of roles in the body
- Each capsule provides 250mg of l-theanine
- Organic Ashwagandha
- Our Organic Ashwagandha contains 500mg of ashwagandha root and has been certified organic by the Soil Association
- Legislation prohibits us from talking about herbs and their applications, however, there is a wealth of information available online
- Comes in a size of 60 vegan capsules
- Organic Bacopa Monnieri
- Our Organic Bacopa Monnieri contains 500mg of Bacopa monnieri
- Certified Organic by the Soil Association
- Comes in a size of 60 vegan capsules
- Phyto-Flavone contains 100% natural soy isoflavones from soy germ. Each capsule provides 500mg of soy germ powder
- Phyto-Flavone provides the isoflavones genistein, daidzein and glycitein
- Soy isoflavones are often taken during and after the menopause
- Sea Buckthorn Oil
- Cytoplan Sea Buckthorn Oil contains one of the richest sources of omega 7 fatty acids, being higher than in any other plant
- Each Sea Buckthorn capsule contains 500mg of pure oil, providing omega 7 (palmitoleic acid) and omega 9 (oleic acid) fatty acids
- Omega-7 fatty acids are important components of the human body, having biological, structural and functional roles