The minerals iodine and selenium are the nutrients most commonly associated with nutritional support for thyroid health. Iodine contributes to normal thyroid function and the normal production of thyroid hormones; it also contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism. Selenium contributes to n...
The minerals iodine and selenium are the nutrients most commonly associated with nutritional support for thyroid health. Iodine contributes to normal thyroid function and the normal production of thyroid hormones; it also contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism. Selenium contributes to normal thyroid function and most particularly is essential for activity of the enzyme used to convert T4 to T3 - the metabolically active thyroid hormone.
Iodine is one of the micronutrients known to be short in the diets of many. It naturally occurs in sea produce and sea salt. Kelp and seafood are the most reliable natural sources of iodine. Kelp is the name given to a whole variety of seaweeds and it contains large amounts of organic iodine and traces of other minerals.
- Adrenal Support
- Adrenal Support contains a blend of the herbs: liquorice extract, ginseng (Siberian and Chinese) and Suma/Pfaffia
- We have also included the nutrients iodine (from kelp), selenium and chromium and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)
- Iodine contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, production of thyroid hormones and thyroid function. The adrenal and thyroid glands work closely together. Pantothenic acid contributes to normal mental performance and the reduction of tiredness an
- Organic Kelp
- Cytoplan's Organic Kelp supplement contains the species Ascophyllum nodosum and provides, on average, 280µg of iodine per capsule
- Iodine contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function.
- Iodine also contributes to normal cognitive function
- Organic Women's Multi
- Multivitamin and mineral – nutrients are provided by a blend of edible plants including amla, fruit, guava fruit, Holy basil leaves, curry leaves and lemon fruit extracts
- High in iron – 9mg per capsule or 18mg per two capsule dose
- Certified Organic by the Soil Association
- Food State Selenium yeast has been documented by the European Food Standards Agency as being the safest and most bio-effective form of selenium
- Food State Selenium is far better absorbed and used by the body than inorganic selenium. Cytoplan Food State Selenium provides 100µg per tablet
- Selenium contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress (and is therefore an antioxidant), normal immune function and normal thyroid function
- Thyroid Support
- Thyroid Support contains L-tyrosine, an amino acid that the thyroid uses to make its hormones
- Thyroid Support contains Seagreens® organic kelp, a natural source of iodine, along with selenium
- Both iodine and selenium contribute to normal thyroid function
- Wholefood Multi
£18.10 fromIn stock
- Ideal for adults, in particular postmenopausal women and men as this is a low iron multi
- A Wholefood multivitamin and mineral supplement which includes minerals hydroponically grown into a base of Brassica juncea, a cruciferous vegetable similar to broccoli
- The vegetable and fruit powder blend of carrot, Spirulina, alfalfa, artichoke leaf, beetroot, acai berry and acerola provides extra phytonutrients
- Women's Wholefood Multi
£18.10 fromIn stock
- Ideal for teenagers, menstruating women or those with low iron levels
- A comprehensive Wholefood multivitamin and mineral supplement providing 5mg of iron per capsule (in the form of ferrous fumarate), alongside vitamins and other trace minerals
- Includes minerals hydroponically grown into a base of Brassica juncea, a cruciferous vegetable similar to broccoli
- Zinc & Copper
- Food State Zinc & Copper includes 15mg of zinc and 1mg of copper per tablet
- Food State Zinc is combined with Food State Copper to prevent a possible risk of copper deficiency during long-term usage as zinc and copper complete for the same absorption sites
- A Food State supplement - provides nutrients in the same form as those in food
- Zinc Citrate
- Provides 30 mg of elemental zinc per capsule in citrate form.
- As a citrate it is readily absorbed into the bloodstream.
- For short- to medium-term use to increase levels of zinc.
- Zinc Citrate 15mg
- Provides 15mg of zinc in the form of zinc citrate per tablet
- Zinc contributes to normal immune system function
- Zinc citrate is a well-absorbed non-food form of zinc