- A powerful antioxidant formulation
- Combines n-acetyl-l-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, gingko giloba, rosemary and resveratrol, alongside glutathione
- Provides glutathione in a liposomal form for optimal absorption
- Used as part of the Bredesen Protocol
- Suitable for vegans
Glutathione is the most abundant antioxidant found within the majority of cells in the body. It plays an integral role in maintaining health by protecting cells from oxidative stress.
What is glutathione and why do we need it?
Maintaining adequate levels of glutathione within the body is very important for maintaining our health. Glutathione is often referred to as the 'master antioxidant' because of its ability to recycle other antioxidants, as well as protect cells from oxidative damage. It is the most abundant antioxidant found within the majority of cells in the body and plays an integral role in maintaining health by protecting cells from oxidative stress. Levels of glutathione can be depleted by ageing, stress, infection and poor dietary choices.
Amongst its many functions, this master antioxidant has been shown to support brain, oral and eye health, as well as immune function.
Glutathione supplements need to be in in a ‘liposomal’ form as the liposome provides protection from digestion and enables transport across cell membranes. Liposomal glutathione has also been shown to cross the blood-brain barrier.
Key nutrients in our Cell-Active Glutathione:
- N-acetyl L-carnitine is an important amino acid and a vital component of energy metabolism. Its most important function is to transport fatty acids into the mitochondria of muscle cells. The mitochondria are the power houses of cells, producing the energy the cell needs to perform its metabolic activities
- Alpha lipoic acid is an antioxidant that works alongside other nutrients such as vitamins C, E and glutathione to defend cells against excessive free radicals. It is soluble in both water and lipid-based tissue, and is used by the body to metabolise food and for energy production
- Glutathione is an important antioxidant that is naturally found in every cell in the body, providing protection from free radicals. This antioxidant is essential in helping the body's cellular defences and immune system function at full capacity. It also has an important role in detoxification pathways
- Resveratrol is a flavonoid. Flavonoids are a large group of compounds that serve as protective nutrients in plant tissue to protect the plant (and in particular its DNA) against external threat.
- Dating back to ancient Greece, the herb rosemary was known for supporting memory
- Also contains 50mg of Ginkgo biloba of which the active component is Ginkgolide
|Alpha Lipoic Acid
|Gingko Biloba 50:1 Extract (equivalent to 1250mg of whole Ginkgo)
|Rosemary Leaf 10:1 Extract (equivalent to 125mg of whole Rosemary)
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Liposomal glutathione (phosphatidyl choline, palmitic acid, oleic acid), n-acetyl l-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, resveratrol (from Japanese knotweed extract), ginkgo biloba extract, rosemary leaf extract, silicon dioxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
1-2 capsules daily after food as a food supplement, or take as recommended by your practitioner.
Vegetarians, vegans and people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
People taking prescription medications should consult with their doctor before taking this supplement. Not suitable for use during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding.
Phosphatidyl choline, palmitic acid, oleic acid, silicon dioxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
GMO, wheat, dairy, unnatural flavourings & colourings.
Store in a cool, dry place.