- Pure free-form of l glutamine
- Sweet tasting powder
- Easy to take
- Quick acting
- Muscle recovery after exercise
- Important for health of the G.I Tract
Amino acids are compounds used by the body for a number of functions including to form proteins. They are often referred to as the building blocks of protein. Proteins are required by the human body for the repair, maintenance and growth of tissue where they perform structural roles. Proteins are also important for enzymes, hormones and neurotransmitters (brain chemicals).
- This supplement comprises pure crystalline free-form L-glutamine. A quarter level teaspoon typically provides 1g of glutamine. A heaped teaspoonful provides 5g
- Glutamine is stored and used by the muscles of the body and is often taken as a supplement post exercise. Muscle tissue has high glutamine requirements
- Glutamine is also used by cells of the gastrointestinal tract as a source of fuel (i.e. used by cells of the digestive system)
- Glutamine can be made in the body from other amino acids and is therefore considered a non-essential amino acid. However, the body’s requirements for glutamine increases with conditions such as burns, wounds and severe illness, and the body’s capacity to synthesise glutamine may be exceeded in these, and other circumstances; then it is referred to as conditionally essential
|Pure crystalline free-form L-glutamine||5g||*|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Pure crystalline free-form L-glutamine.
1 to 5 grams daily taken in divided doses, ideally half an hour away from food or at bedtime. This slightly sweet powder can be stirred into water or juice or sprinkled on food. If being used to support exercise recovery should be taken within 2 hours of completion of exercise and the dose for this use can be raised to 10g.
Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
This product is not suitable for children, or pregnant or breastfeeding women.
GMO, wheat, dairy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.