- Zinc citrate in wholefood base
- High potency
- Gentle & bioeffective
- Small capsules
- Usually recommended for short-term use
Zinc citrate is a well absorbed non-food form of zinc. Zinc is involved in the functioning of over 300 enzymes in the body.
- With 30 mg elemental zinc per capsule
- This supplement may be useful for short- to medium-term use to increase levels of zinc
- If taking longer term, then consideration should be given to copper intake as zinc and copper compete for uptake and high dose zinc supplementation can deplete copper levels
Zinc contributes to normal:
- Zinc also contributes to DNA synthesis, acid-base balance metabolism, carbohydrate metabolism, cognitive function, fertility and reproduction, macronutrient metabolism, metabolism of vitamin A, metabolism of fatty acids, protein synthesis and immune system function.
Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, hair, nails and skin; testosterone levels in the blood and normal vision
Zinc has a role in the process of cell division
Zinc contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress; it is therefore an antioxidant
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Zinc Citrate, Alfalfa, Vegetable Cellulose (capsule shell).
Take 1 capsule daily with food (not advised to take on an empty stomach).
Vegans and Vegetarians.
This product is usually recommended for short-term use.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule shell).
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.