- Now with new GUARD technology – proven to protect bacterial strains from stomach acid and enable their timed release within the intestines
- Suitable for children from four years of age and adults up to their early 40s
- Contains 9 probiotic strains providing 3.5 billion live bacteria per capsule
- Active throughout the whole gastrointestinal tract
- Bile, acid and antibiotic resistant
- Wide ranging activity from strain combination
- Tiny capsules making them easy to swallow
- No need to refrigerate
- Suitable for vegetarians
More about Acidophilus capsules
Improved formula. Acidophilus Plus now utilises new GUARD technology and contains nine strains of bacteria including Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus plantarum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum and Streptococcus thermophilus. The nine native bacterial strains in our acidophilus probiotic capsules makes it ideal for children aged four years upwards and adults up to their early 40s.
- The gut microbiome is made up of many different species of bacteria, some of which are considered beneficial, and others which are pathogenic
- The balance of bacteria within the gut can be easily disrupted by stress, poor diet, excess alcohol, illness and antibiotic use. Live bacteria (probiotics/probiotic supplements) help us to maintain a balance of beneficial bacteria within the gut
Benefits of our Acidophilus Plus probiotic supplement:
- This blend of native bacterial strains is designed to have activity throughout the whole digestive tract, both the distal end of the small intestine and throughout the colon
- Each acidophilus capsule will provide a culture of 3.5 billion live bacteria (live viable dehydrated bacteria)
- Provides strains that are pure, naturally fermented, antibiotic resistant and able to survive the challenges of stomach acid and bile within the digestive tract
- Our Acidophilus capsules are stable at room temperature so no need to refrigerate
- The form of this probiotic supplement makes it ideal for travelling or taking on holiday
What is GUARD technology and how does it work?
GUARD technology is a patented, innovative and natural technology proven to protect the bacterial strains from stomach acid and enable the timed release of probiotics within the intestines.
The capsule is administered orally. As it reaches the stomach, a gel barrier forms to protect the active ingredient from the stomach’s acidity. Once in the intestines, the gel dissipates to ensure a controlled release of the active ingredients and maximise the product’s efficacy at the ideal site of action.
When should you take this probiotic supplement?
- Acidophilus Plus is particularly recommended for children and adults up to their early 40s. For adults over the age of 40, we generally recommend our 'Fos-A-Dophilus' probiotic supplement
- This product is ideal for long or short-term use, for acute gut issues or daily maintenance
|Lactococcus lactis spp. Lactis||*|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Lactobacillus acidophilus (ROO52), Lactococcus lactis (R1058), Lactobacillus rhamnosus (ROO11), Lactobacillus paracasei (RO215), Lactobacillus plantarum (R1O12), Bifidobacterium breve (ROO7O), Bifidobacterium bifidum (ROO71), Bifidobacterium longum (RO175), Streptococcus thermophilus (R0083), NutraJIT ® (GUARD technology), potato starch, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell). *Live viable dehydrated bacteria.
1-2 capsules daily, 30 minutes after food, or as directed by a practitioner.
For travel: Start taking Acidophilus Plus for at least 7 days prior to the start of your journey. During travel take the recommended daily dose, and continue to do so for at least 7 days following the end of your travels.
Vegetarians and people with Candida, yeast and lactose sensitivities.
NutraJIT® (GUARD technology), potato starch, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
GMO, wheat, soy, added sugar, colourings & flavourings. Acidophilus Plus has been analysed and no dairy proteins are present.
Keep cool, dry and out of direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate