- Now with new GUARD technology – proven to protect bacterial strains from stomach acid and enable their timed release within the intestines
- Recommended for individuals over 40 years of age
- Contains 6 probiotic strains and 4 billion live bacteria per capsule
- Has activity throughout the whole gastrointestinal tract
- Bile, acid and antibiotic resistant
- No need to refrigerate
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Fos-A-Dophilus - More about this probiotic supplement
- Now utilises new GUARD technology, proven to protect the bacterial strains from stomach acid and enable the timed release of probiotics within the intestines
- High in bifidobacteria, this product is ideal for those over 40 years of age
- The gut microbiome is made up of many different species of bacteria, some of which are considered beneficial, and others which are pathogenic
- The balance of bacteria within the gut can be easily disrupted by stress, poor diet, excess alcohol, illness and antibiotic use. Probiotics help us to maintain a balance of beneficial bacteria within the gut
- Fos-A-Dophilus contains the native live bacteria strains Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus
- This blend of native bacterial strains is designed to have activity throughout the whole digestive tract, both the distal end of the small intestine and throughout the colon
- Each capsule will provide a culture of four billion live bacteria (live viable dehydrated bacteria)
- A one-a-day dose is ideal for maintenance. This can be increased to one capsule three times daily in acute situations
- Provides strains that are pure, naturally fermented, antibiotic resistant and able to survive the challenges of stomach acid and bile within the digestive tract
- Stable at room temperature, so no need to refrigerate
What is GUARD technology and how does it work?
- GUARD technology is a patented, innovative and natural technology proven to protect the bacterial strains from stomach acid and enable the timed release of probiotics within the intestines
- The capsule is administered orally. As it reaches the stomach, a gel barrier forms to protect the active ingredient from the stomach’s acidity. Once in the intestines, the gel dissipates to ensure a controlled release of the active ingredients and maximise the product’s efficacy at the ideal site of action
When should you take this probiotic supplement?
- Fos-A-Dophilus is particularly recommended for people over 40 years of age as it is higher in Bifidobacteria, which colonise the large intestine and are less easily replenished in those over the age of 40. For younger adults we generally recommend our ‘Acidophilus Plus’ supplement
- This product is ideal for long or short-term use, for acute gut issues or daily maintenance
- The capsule form of this product makes it ideal for travelling or taking on holiday
|Lactobacillus animalis ssp lactis
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Bifidobacterium longum (RO175), Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, Lactobacillus animalis ssp lactis (lafti® B94), Bifidobacterium breve (HA-129), Bifidobacterium infantis (ROO33), Lactobacillus acidophilus (RO418), potato starch, NutraJIT® (GUARD technology), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
1-2 capsules daily, taken 30 minutes after food, or as directed by a practitioner.
For travel: Start taking Fos-A-Dophilus for at least 7 days prior to the start of your journey. During travel take the recommended daily dose, and continue to do so for at least 7 days following the end of your travels.
Vegetarians, vegans and people with Candida, yeast and lactose sensitivities.
Potato starch, NutraJIT® (GUARD technology), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
GMO, wheat, soy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings. Fos-A-Dophilus has been analysed and no dairy proteins are present.
Keep cool, dry and out of direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate.