- Provides pure antarctic krill oil
- From sustainable CCAMLR protected waters
- High in EPA/DHA and natural astaxanthin
- With phospholipids
- Supports cardiovascular and cognitive health
- Tiny capsules making them easy to swallow
More about Cytoplan's Pure Neptune Krill Oil
Cytoplan's Pure Neptune Krill Oil capsules contain the beneficial omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, and high levels of astaxanthin; a powerful antioxidant.
The EPA and DHA in red krill oil are bound to phospholipids, which research suggests may be more easily absorbed by the gut than the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oils. Phospholipids are a type of fat that are a major component of cell membranes and act to protect cells from inflammation and damage. Our krill oil comes from CCAMLR (Convention for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources) protected waters where the krill biomass harvest is limited to 1%, to conserve this valuable food staple that sea birds, whales and other marine life rely on.
- Krill (Euphausia superba) are shrimp-like crustaceans found in Antarctic waters. All krill are red/pink due to their astaxanthin content
- Phospholipids transport essential nutrients directly into every cell of the body - they can even cross the blood-brain barrier. They are also structural components of cell membranes
- One of the phospholipids in antarctic krill oil is phosphatidylcholine, which is a phospholipid attached to a choline molecule, which is important for brain health and often depleted during pregnancy
- Choline is used in the synthesis of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter important for memory
- Choline also supports normal liver function but is often lacking in Western diets
- Research demonstrates the EPA and DHA in antarctic krill oil, which are bound to phospholipids, are more easily absorbed by the gut than the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oils
- All the ingredients in our Krill Oil are present in naturally occurring levels (no added synthetic astaxanthin to elevate levels)
- RIMFROST antarctic krill oil has Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Friend of the Sea certifications. They are committed to maintaining the sustainability of krill within the strict guidelines of CCAMLR (The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources)
- This supplement provides 1000mg of red krill oil per daily intake of two capsules
Other Krill Oil benefits
Choline contributes to:
- normal homocysteine metabolism
- normal lipid metabolism
- the maintenance of normal liver function
DHA contributes to:
- the maintenance of normal brain function (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA)
- the maintenance of normal vision (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA)
DHA and EPA contribute to:
- the normal function of the heart (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA)
- the maintenance of normal blood pressure (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3g of EPA and DHA)
- the maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of EPA and DHA
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Krill oil (Euphausia superba), astaxanthin oleoresin 10% (Haematococcus pluvialis), fish gelatine (capsule shell), glycerin, lemon flavour.
1-2 capsules daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
People with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
If you are on antithrombotic drugs (e.g. Warfarin or Heparin), or have any deficiency of the liver consult your doctor before taking this product. This product contains fish and crustaceans, it should not be taken by people with allergies to these ingredients.
Fish gelatine (capsule shell), glycerine, lemon flavour.
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar & colourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight. For best results please keep refrigerated in hot weather.