Krill Oil contains the beneficial omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA and high levels of astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant. The EPA and DHA in krill oil are bound to phospholipids, which research suggests may be more easily absorbed by the gut than the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oils. EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart.
Free delivery on UK orders of £25 and over. All prices shown inclusive of VAT, except where stated. Place order before 2pm and we will despatch your order the same day.
FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OF £25 AND OVER
Our Antarctic Krill Oil contains the beneficial omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA and high levels of astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant. The EPA and DHA in krill oil are bound to phospholipids, which research suggests may be more easily absorbed by the gut than the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oils. Phospholipids are a type of fat that are a major component of cell membranes.
- Krill (Euphausia superba) are shrimp-like crustaceans found in Antarctic waters. All krill are red/pink due to their astaxanthin content
- Phospholipids transport essential nutrients directly into every cell of the body, they can even cross the blood-brain barrier. They are also structural components of cell membranes
- One of the phospholipids in krill oil is phosphatidylcholine, which is a phospholipid attached to a choline molecule. Choline is used in the synthesis of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter important for memory. Choline also supports normal liver function but is often lacking in Western diets
- Some research suggests the EPA and DHA in krill oil, which are bound to phospholipids, may be more easily absorbed by the gut than the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oils
- All the ingredients in our Krill Oil are present in naturally occurring levels (no added synthetic astaxanthin to elevate levels)
- Our Krill Oil comes from RIMFORST, a market leader in krill oil
- RIMFROST krill oil has Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Friend of the Sea certifications. They are committed to maintaining the sustainability of krill within the strict guidelines of CCAMLR (The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources)
Choline contributes to:
- Normal homocysteine metabolism
- Normal lipid metabolism
- The maintenance of normal liver function
DHA contributes to:
- The maintenance of normal brain function (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA)
- The maintenance of normal vision (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA)
DHA and EPA contribute to:
- The normal function of the heart (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA)
- The maintenance of normal blood pressure (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3g of EPA and DHA)
The maintenance of normal blood triglyceride levels (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of EPA and DHA)
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value|
* Indicates no NRV
Krill oil (Euphausia superba), Astaxanthin oleoresin 10% (Haematococcus pluvialis), fish gelatine (capsule shell), glycerin, lemon flavour.
1-2 capsules daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
People with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
If you are on antithrombotic drugs (e.g. Warfarin or Heparin), or have any deficiency of the liver consult your doctor before taking this product. This product contains fish and crustaceans, it should not be taken by people with allergies to these ingredients.
Fish gelatine (capsule shell), glycerin, lemon flavour.
GMO, wheat, gluten, added sugar & colourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight. For best results please keep refrigerated.
For UK-delivered orders that are under £25.00, we charge a nominal postage and packing fee of £3.50. UK orders of £25.00 and over are DELIVERED FREE OF CHARGE.
Dependent on weight, your order will either be sent by First Class post (Royal Mail) or via our nominated courier. A signature is required on receipt of the goods if delivered by our courier.
Please check all requirements (import taxes, customs regulations etc) regarding deliveries to countries outside the UK. Cytoplan Ltd cannot be held responsible for parcels that do not comply with the import regulations of the desination country.
We cannot guarantee next day delivery, although you should receive your order within 2-3 working days.
If you have not received your order within 5 working days, please contact our Customer Services department.
1. You can email our Customer Service department via our contact form here.
2. You can telephone on +44(0)1684 310099
3. You can write to us at Cytoplan Ltd, Unit 8 Hanley Workshops, Hanley Road, Hanley Swan, Worcester. Worcestershire.WR8 0DX