- A high potency herbal formula combining caprylic acid with garlic, oregano extract, grapefruit seed extract and green tea extract
- Designed to support digestive health
- Supports the maintenance of normal intestinal microflora
- Can be used as part of a programme to address gut dysbiosis
- Targets the cell walls of pathogenic bacteria and yeasts
- Small, easy-to-swallow capsules
- Suitable for vegans
Caprylic Acid Plus combines caprylic acid with garlic, oregano extract, grapefruit seed extract and green tea extract to support digestive health.
In a healthy digestive tract, the microflora consists of balanced amounts of native friendly bacteria (probiotics) and other microbes. This balance is easily disrupted by poor dietary habits, nutritional deficiencies, lifestyle, stress, illness and medications. Under these conditions undesirable organisms such as the Candida albicans fungus can overwhelm our protective native bacteria, leaving the small and large intestine vulnerable and prone to discomfort and unpleasant symptoms.
If particularly susceptible to tummy upsets or travelling to an exotic place, supplementing with antimicrobial nutrients such as garlic, oregano, grapefruit seed extract and caprylic acid may help provide additional protection.
We recommend that this product is combined with one of our probiotic supplements.
- Caprylic acid is a natural dietary fatty acid found in coconut oil, with a history of traditional use
- Garlic has a number of uses with research dating back to 1936, and long-standing traditional use in the history of natural food and herbs. Please note that although this product contains garlic, it is still suitable for those on a low FODMAPs diet. This is because the garlic is only at 70mgs per capsule and hence the level of Fermentable Oligo- Di-, Mono-saccharides and Polyols are sufficiently low enough not to cause any digestive discomfort. It is only when garlic and other high FODMAPs foods are ingested at levels of several grams (not mgs) that they can cause digestive discomfort in susceptible people
- Oregano is another well-established herb that again has been traditionally used
Grapefruit Seed Extract:
- Grapefruit seed extract, often referred to as Citricidal, has a long history of use
Green Tea Extract:
- Green tea is a natural source of catechins
|Garlic extract (equivalent to 70mg of whole garlic powder)||7mg||*|
|Grapefruit seed extract||10mg||*|
|Green Tea extract (equivalent to 100mg of whole green tea powder)||5mg||*|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Magnesium caprylate (providing caprylic acid), oregano powder, grapefruit seed extract, garlic (Allium sativum) 7:1 extract, green tea (Camellia sinensis) extract (95% polyphenols), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
1-2 capsules daily, best taken half an hour before food, or as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians, vegans, and people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not take this product unless advised to do so by a Doctor. Not suitable for people with ulcerative colitis or inflammatory bowel disease.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose cellulose (capsule shell).
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, flavourings and colourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.