Health Creation Vitamin D3 from lichen is ideal for vegetarians and vegans. Many supplements use animal sources of vitamin D3 (e.g. sheep’s wool), however Health Creation Vitamin D3 comprises a natural plant base of lichen.
- A vegan, Wholefood plant base from vitamin D3-rich lichen extract providing 62.5µg (2,500iu) of vitamin D per tablet
- Vitamin D is frequently referred to as the Sunshine Vitamin as sunlight is necessary for the synthesis of this vitamin (which is produced underneath the skin following exposure to sunlight)
- Those at particular risk for vitamin D deficiency are the elderly (65 years+), those who rarely get outdoors (lack of sunshine) and people with dark skin. Children under five are also at risk and for this age group we have a liquid vitamin D3 product – code 3323
- Please note this supplement contains 62.5µg (2500iu) of vitamin D per tablet. If taking other supplements containing vitamin D please check your total daily intake and if it is 125µg (5000iu) or more per day, for more than two to four months, you should have your vitamin D levels checked regularly. An adequate blood level is considered to be above 50nmol/litre; the scientific literature suggests that a higher level than this is optimal. However, levels above 250nmol/litre are not advised and in this case measures should be taken to lower levels. Please note some laboratories use different units i.e. ng/ml rather than nmol/litre quoted here. In this case an adequate blood level is considered to be 20ng/ml (again the optimal range is higher than this). For more information on vitamin D you may be interested in www.grassrootshealth.net/
Vitamin D contributes to:
- the absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- normal blood calcium levels
- the maintenance of bones and teeth
- the maintenance of normal muscle function
- the normal function of the immune system
Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division
Vitamin D is needed for the normal growth and development of bone in children
Vitamin D helps to reduce the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness. Falling is a risk factor for bone fractures among men and women 60 years of age and older
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Maltodextrin, vegan vitamin d3 preparation from lichen (starch, sucrose, silicon dioxide, d-alpha tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, cholecalciferol), stearic acid.
1 tablet daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
No known allergic reactions.
Maltodextrin, starch, sucrose, silicon dioxide, d-alpha tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, (cholecalciferol), stearic acid.
Wheat, yeast; dairy; colours, flavours and preservatives.
Keep cool, dry and out of direct sunlight