IMPROVED Methyl Factors
Improved Methyl Factors has been developed to help support those who need extra methyl donor nutrients to facilitate the methylation process in the body. Methyl groups are the body's messengers; they join with other compounds to “jump-start“ reactions, such as turning on or off a gene, or activating an enzyme.
Free delivery on UK orders over £25. All prices shown inclusive of VAT, except where stated. Place order before 12pm and we will despatch your order the same day.
FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £25
Improved Methyl Factors has been developed to help support those who need extra nutrients to facilitate the methylation process in the body. 100mg of vitamin B1 in the form of benfotiamine has been added to improve the formula. Benfotiamine is lipid-soluble (so is more bioavailable and effective than thiamine) making it potentially better suited to those who smoke or drink alcohol. Benfotiamine is also a potent antioxidant and essential for energy metabolism.
Methyl Factors also contains TMG (Trimethylglycine) known as betaine, vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate), folic acid (as L-Methylfolate), vitamin B12 as methylcobalamin and vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5-phosphate) - all of these nutrients can donate methyl groups. The mineral zinc is also included in the formula. All of these ingredients also support the nervous system and detoxification pathways in the body. Only recommended for use under the guidance of a practitioner.
- TMG, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and methylfolate collectively provide a full spectrum of methyl donor nutrients
- TMG is the best methyl donor. It is not the same as betaine HCL, which is not necessarily a methyl donor but is sometimes used erroneously for this purpose. Many diets are low in betaine from food sources
- B vitamin deficiency is all too common, and this is another reason for shortage of methyl donor nutrients in diet
- Zinc has been added to help protect and support those who drink alcohol regularly
- This formula comprises folic acid as methylfolate as it is the most stable, safe and bio-effective supplemental form of folate and the only form useful to people with impaired methylation
- This formula includes vitamin B6 in the form of pyridoxal-5-phosphate, the bio-active and enzymatically converted form of B6. There is evidence to show that some people with high homocysteine, for instance, and impaired methylation, lack the enzyme necessary to convert pyridoxine (the other supplement form of B6) to its metabolically active form
- This supplement includes vitamin B12 as methylcobalamin, the most bio-effective form. Some vitamin B12 products on the market are cyanocobalamin which needs to be enzymatically converted to methylcobalamin in the body
- Folate, vitamin B12, betaine and vitamin B6 all have the permitted health claim of ‘contributing to normal homocysteine metabolism’
|Vitamin B1 (as benfotiamine)||100.0mg||9090|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5-phosphate)||3mg||214|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||15mg||1071|
|Folic Acid (as methylfolate)||800µg||400|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||1000µg||40,000|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value|
* Indicates no NRV
Trimethylglycine (TMG, also known as betaine), vitamin B1(as benfotiamine), vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate), zinc citrate, Vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5-phosphate), vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), folic acid as (5-methyltetrahydrofolate), silicon dioxide, maltodextrin, stearic acid, HPMC (vegetable cellulose, capsule shell).
One capsule daily with food as a food supplement as directed by a practitioner, only recommended for use under the guidance of a practitioner.
Vegetarians and vegans, and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this product. Long term daily use of 10mg or more of vitamin B6 may lead to mild tingling and numbness
Silicon dioxide, maltodextrin, stearic acid, HPMC (vegetable cellulose, capsule shell).
Wheat, yeast, starch, gluten, lactose, added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.One of the ingredients in this product attracts moisture, which overtime will degrade it. When this happens it turns orange and goes hard. To avoid this, the product should be kept in the pot provided and the lid closed. These capsules should not be stored in daily pill boxes for longer than 48 hours.
For UK-delivered orders that are under £25.00, we charge a nominal postage and packing fee of £1.95. UK orders above £25.00 are DELIVERED FREE OF CHARGE.
Dependent on weight, your order will either be sent by First Class post (Royal Mail) or via our nominated courier. A signature is required on receipt of the goods if delivered by our courier.
Please check all requirements (import taxes, customs regulations etc) regarding deliveries to countries outside the UK. Cytoplan Ltd cannot be held responsible for parcels that do not comply with the import regulations of the desination country.
We cannot guarantee next day delivery, although you should receive your order within 2-3 working days.
If you have not received your order within 5 working days, please contact our Customer Services department.
1. You can email our Customer Service department via our contact form here.
2. You can telephone on +44(0)1684 310099
3. You can write to us at Cytoplan Ltd, Unit 8 Hanley Workshops, Hanley Road, Hanley Swan, Worcester. Worcestershire.WR8 0DX