- Contains vitamin B12 in its most active and bioeffective forms; methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin
- Rapid absorption and noticeable results
- Indicated for low vitamin B12 status and poor methylation
- Small tablets
- Rapid sublingual (oral) absorption
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
A high potency, active, vitamin B12 supplement containing 500µg of methylcobalamin and 500µg of adenosylcobalamin, which are both active forms of this important vitamin.
- Our Vitamin B12 Sublingual provides the active forms of vitamin B12
- Methylcobalamin is the active form used in the methylation cycle. Methylation reactions occur within every cell in the body
- Adenosylcobalamin is the active form that is used in the mitochondria (which are the energy power houses of cells)
- Sublingual means 'beneath the tongue' - our tiny vitamin B12 tablets will dissolve in the mouth allowing rapid oral absorption and noticeable results
What can contribute to vitamin B12 deficiency?
Vitamin B12 deficiency is not uncommon and can be caused by:
- Genetic factors
- Malabsorption issues, as seen in conditions such as Crohn's and coeliac disease
- Low stomach acid (e.g. due to long-term antacid medication, proton pump inhibitors, H2 blockers, ageing or zinc deficiency)
- Long-term prescription medications can impair vitamin B12 absorption (e.g. metformin, colchicine and neomycin among others)
- Vegan and vegetarian diets, as vitamin B12 is primarily bound to animal proteins
What are the functions of vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 contributes to normal:
- energy-yielding metabolism
- nervous system function
- homocysteine metabolism
- psychological function
- red blood cell formation
- immune system function
Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Vitamin B12 has a role in the process of cell division
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin), dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid.
Place one tablet daily under the tongue until it has dissolved completely, or as directed by a practitioner. Can also be swallowed whole, or chewed.
Vegetarians, vegans and people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
If you have recently had coronary stent surgery, do not take this supplement except under medical advice.
Dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, mannitol, sorbitol.
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, flavourings & colourings.
Store in a cool, dry place.