- Provides a rich source of the omega-6 fatty acid GLA
- Each capsule contains 600mg of blackcurrant seed oil, providing 90mg of active GLA
- Blackcurrant seed oil contains higher levels of GLA compared to evening primrose oil
- Bypasses the need for conversion of linolenic acid (LA) to gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
- In capsule form
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
About our Blackcurrant Seed Oil capsules
Our sought-after Blackcurrant Seed Oil supplement contains 600mg of cold-pressed oil, providing 90mg of active GLA per vegan capsule.
What is blackcurrant seed oil?
Blackcurrant seed oil is a unique and excellent natural source of the omega-6 essential fatty acid known as gamma linolenic acid (GLA). GLA is a plant-derived fat that can be difficult to obtain from food alone. Blackcurrant seed oil also contains alpha linolenic acid (ALA), an essential omega-3 fatty acid.
What are the benefits of blackcurrant seed oil?
Our body converts GLA into hormone-like substances called prostaglandins, which help to control many body processes including supporting inflammatory pathways and hormone balance. Although the body can naturally produce GLA directly from linoleic acid (LA), this conversion is often inefficient as many people lack the enzyme required. By supplementing directly with blackcurrant seed oil, this conversion is bypassed, and GLA can be effectively utilised by the body to support health.
- Blackcurrant seed oil contains higher levels of GLA compared to evening primrose oil. On average, blackcurrant seed oil contains around 15% GLA, whereas evening primrose oil contains 8 -10%
- Blackcurrant seed oil also provides excellent levels of omega 3 at around 13%
- In addition to being a rich source of GLA, blackcurrant berries also naturally contain chemicals known as anthocyanins, which are powerful antioxidants
Our Blackcurrant Seed Oil capsules are suitable for:
- Vegetarians and vegans
|Blackcurrant seed oil
|Providing GLA (15%)
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Blackcurrant seed oil providing gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), capsule shell: starch, glycerol, purified water.
1-2 capsules daily, or as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians, vegans and people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
If you are taking anticoagulant medication, check with your doctor or practitioner before use.
Starch, glycerol and purified water.
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, flavourings & colourings.
Store in a cool, dry place.