- High potency
- Recommended for individuals with low stomach acid production
- Designed to support digestion
- Contains porcine pepsin
- Small easy-to-swallow capsules
- Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans
As we age, hydrochloric acid production in the stomach frequently declines and this can give rise to gut symptoms including bloating and feeling excessively full for long periods after eating.
- Hydrochloric acid has a number of important functions within the stomach
- It assists with the digestion of food and creates an acidic environment in the stomach necessary for the protein-digesting enzyme pepsin to work
- It is also required for the absorption of some minerals e.g. iron, calcium and zinc
- Hydrochloric acid also kills undesirable bacteria in food (i.e. sterilises ingested food)
- Pepsin is a protein digesting enzyme produced in the stomach, where protein digestion begins
- It works best at a low pH (i.e. an acidic environment)
- Each Betaine & Pepsin capsule provides 345mg of betaine hcl and 10mg of pepsin
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Betaine hydrochloride, pepsin, silicon dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, gelatin (capsule shell).
1-2 capsules with main meals, or as directed by a practitioner.
People with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Do not take if peptic ulcers are present or suspected. Not suitable for those with hiatus hernia or Inflammatory Bowel disease. Do not remove contents from the capsule as it may damage tooth enamel.
Silicon dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, gelatin (capsule shell).
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, colourings and flavourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.