- Unique chelated magnesium
- From "magtein"
- The only form of magnesium that crosses the blood-brain barrier
- Used in the Bredesen Protocol for cognitive health
Magnesium is a cofactor for more than 300 enzymes. However, studies have shown poor penetration of serum magnesium across the blood-brain barrier. Not all forms of magnesium can elevate levels of magnesium in the brain, but supplementation with magnesium threonate has been demonstrated to do so.
- Magnesium plays a critical role in supporting the central nervous system
- The brain is a significant consumer of energy, and magnesium is a cofactor for ATP (the energy currency of all cells) and is therefore essential for energy production
- Synapses are the connections between brain cells that allow one nerve cell to communicate with the next. It is now known that new synapses can form. Magnesium plays an important role in the modulation of synaptic plasticity (the ability of synapses to strengthen/weaken), making it an important mineral for memory and learning
- Magnesium is a cofactor in the production of melatonin, the sleep hormone
- Magnesium threonate has the ability to elevate brain magnesium
- Suitable for men, women, and children (aged 12 and over)
|Magnesium Threonate (providing 50mg magnesium)||600mg||13|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Magnesium threonate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
1-2 capsules daily with food as a food supplement, or as directed by your practitioner.
Vegetarians, vegans and people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings.
Store in a cool, dry place.