- Cyto-Biotic Active contains 9 live native bacterial strains, plus a small amount of prebiotic
- Prebiotics are dietary substances such as fructo-oligosaccharides or Inulin, which stimulate the growth of bifidobacteria and other healthy native bacteria in the gut
- Cyto-Biotic Active ingredients are Inulin (fructo-oligosaccharides) plus a complex of 3 billion live bacteria (live viable dehydrated bacteria) per 3ml teaspoon
- This supplement is suitable for all ages including babies
- Cyto-Biotic Active comes in a powder โ simply add to water in recommended dose
- This blend of native bacterial strains is designed to have activity throughout the whole GI tract, both the distal end of the small intestine and throughout the colon
- This supplement comprises specially cultivated strains which will survive the challenges of stomach acid and bile in the human GI tract
- Comprising pure naturally fermented bacterial strains, antibiotic resistant and stable at room temperature - so no need to refrigerate
- The strains in this supplement will replace native bacteria when such levels are low to replicate all functions โ i.e. the production of B vitamins and vitamin K, immune support, digestive support
- Suitable for Men, Women, Children and the Elderly
- Suitable for vegans, vegetarians and for people with Candida and Yeast sensitivities
- Free from Genetically Modified Substances
This probiotic supplement comes in two sizes – you are viewing the page for the bottle comprising 50g. For the larger size: Probiotic powder, 100g.
The prebiotics in this supplement are not in appreciable levels to have a prebiotic effect in the human body. The prebiotic is present to supply a food source for the live friendly native bacteria when they are rehydrated. It does not act as a food source for pathogens.
Live Native Bacteria
This healthy bacterial balance in our intestine can easily be disturbed, most commonly due to illness, age, poor diet and antibiotic treatment. In such cases the bad bacteria will start to โcoloniseโ more rapidly than the good bacteria can replenish causing dysbiosis and pain, bloating, discomfort and even diarrhoea. It can be difficult to restore the good balance at such times.
A wealth of relevant peer reviewed research information is available online from scientific and medical institutions worldwide that offers interpretations on the efficacy of live native bacterial strain supplements. There is also a body of research available from our own suppliers on the efficacy and specific activities of the strains in our products.
This product description has been changed in accordance with recent legislation in respect of live native bacterial products formerly termed โprobioticsโ.
For health practitioners please contact us if you require further information regarding this supplement, alternately refer to our practitioner catalogue for more information.
Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce products which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies.
Adults & children over 12 years: One level teaspoon.
Children aged 6-11 years: 1/2 level teaspoon.
Children aged 3-5 years: 1/3 level teaspoon.
This product is suitable for babies.
How to Take
Stir the required dose of Cyto-Biotic Active into lukewarm water, leave for approximately 10 minutes and drink on an empty stomach, preferably just before bedtime.
For those taking Antibiotics: Take 1 teaspoon twice daily, preferably not at the same time as the antibiotics. Continue taking Cyto-Biotic Active for at least 14 days after completion of your antibiotics course.
For those Travelling: Start taking Cyto-Biotic Active for at least 7 days prior to the start of your journey. During travel take the recommended daily dose, and continue to do so for at least 7 days following the end of your travels.
Suitable for: vegans, Vegetarians and for people with Candida, yeast and lactose sensitivities.
Non-Active Ingredients: Cornstarch, maltodextrin, vanilla powder.
Non GM & Free From: Dairy, wheat; yeast, gluten; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight. No need to refrigerate.