L-theanine is a free amino acid and therefore is not used by the body to form proteins. Free amino acids have a number of roles in the body including as precursors to some neurotransmitters (brain chemicals). L-theanine is found at high levels in tea leaves.
Free delivery on UK orders of £25 and over. All prices shown inclusive of VAT, except where stated.
FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OF £25 AND OVER
Amino acids are compounds used by the body for a number of functions including to form proteins, they are often referred to as the building blocks of protein. However, L-theanine is a free amino acid that is not incorporated into proteins. Free amino acids have a number of roles in the body including as precursors to some neurotransmitters (brain chemicals). L-theanine is an amino acid found in tea leaves.
- L-theanine supports the production of alpha brain waves which are associated with a state of relaxation. Meditation and daydreaming increase alpha brain waves, which are also present during REM sleep
- L-theanine supports the production of GABA (a calming brain neurotransmitter)
- As it is not sedative L-theanine can be taken during the day or at bedtime
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value|
* Indicates no NRV
L-Theanine, HPMC (vegetable cellulose, capsule shell), microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid
1-2 capsules daily taken on an empty stomach, as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner
vegetarians and vegans
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking any medication please check with your doctor or practitioner before taking this product.
HPMC (vegetable cellulose, capsule shell), microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid.
GMO, gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings
Keep in a cool, dry place
For UK-delivered orders that are under £25.00, we charge a nominal postage and packing fee of £3.50. UK orders of £25.00 and over are DELIVERED FREE OF CHARGE.
Dependent on weight, your order will either be sent by First Class post (Royal Mail) or via our nominated courier. A signature is required on receipt of the goods if delivered by our courier.
Please check all requirements (import taxes, customs regulations etc) regarding deliveries to countries outside the UK. Cytoplan Ltd cannot be held responsible for parcels that do not comply with the import regulations of the desination country.
We cannot guarantee next day delivery, although you should receive your order within 2-3 working days.
If you have not received your order within 5 working days, please contact our Customer Services department.
1. You can email our Customer Service department via our contact form here.
2. You can telephone on +44(0)1684 310099
3. You can write to us at Cytoplan Ltd, Unit 8 Hanley Workshops, Hanley Road, Hanley Swan, Worcester. Worcestershire.WR8 0DX