- Organic kelp from outer hebrides
- Guaranteed clean
- High level of iodine - batch controlled for potency
- Pure fill capsule - can be used over food for mineral enrichment and flavour
More about Cytoplan's Organic Kelp supplement
Organic Kelp contains the species Ascophphyllum nodosum, a type of seaweed. This Iodine rich supplement also contains trace levels of a broad spectrum of minerals, trace elements, micro-nutrients, vitamins, prebiotics and carotenoids. Organic Kelp is one of the most reliable natural sources of iodine.
Supplementing with Iodine
- Although a normal diet is believed to contribute 150-170µg of iodine per day, the prevalence of iodine deficiency throughout the world leads us to believe that many people are not getting this amount without supplementation.
- From a sustainable and clean supply of organic kelp
- Kelp is the name given to a whole variety of seaweeds, it is often referred to as "a herb from the sea"
- Kelp contains large amounts of the mineral iodine which contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function. Thyroid hormones have a wide range of functions in metabolism
- Iodine cannot be stored by the body for a long period so must be obtained regularly via the diet or supplementation
Iodine (from Cytoplan's organic kelp supplement) contributes to normal:
- cognitive function
- energy-yielding metabolism
- functioning of the nervous system
- production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function
- growth of children
- Iodine contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Organic Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum, Organic Cert 00586/011/12: Organic Food Federation), capsule shell (vegetable cellulose).
1 capsule daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians and vegans, and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women and those on thyroid medication should consult their doctor before taking this product. Kelp is not suitable for children.
capsule shell (vegetable cellulose).
Wheat; yeast, starch, dairy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.