- A potent and powerful phyto-antioxidant supplement
- High potency formula
- Provides additional phytonutrient support for those whose fruit and vegetable intake is less then optimal
- Key ingredients include quercetin, beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, lycopene, curcumin, green tea and extracts of blueberry, ginger root, broccoli, orgeno and rosemary leaf
- Contains flavonoids from the full colour spectrum; each colour providing differing protective actions
- All ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides and herbicides, therefore yielding phytonutrient dense content
- In capsule form
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
IMPROVED FORMULA, NEW LOWER PRICE! Phytoshield is a potent and powerful phyto-antioxidant formula containing high levels of flavonoids, carotenoids and other phytonutrients.
What are phytonutrients?
Flavonoids are a group of phytonutrients (plant chemicals) found in almost all fruits and vegetables and serve as protective nutrients in plant tissue to protect the plant (in particular its DNA) against external threat. Once consumed by humans they act in the same way. Phytoshield contains flavonoids from the full colour spectrum, with each colour providing differing protective actions.
Phytoshield provides additional phytonutrient support for those whose fruit and vegetable intake is less than optimal. All ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides and herbicides, therefore yielding phytonutrient dense content.
Key nutrients in Phytoshield:
- Quercetin is a powerful source of natural flavonoids
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin are potent naturally-occurring carotenoids that work synergistically, and are the yellow pigments found in certain fruits and vegetables
- Beta carotene is a powerful antioxidant and is responsible for giving vegetables such as carrots and sweet potatoes their bright orange colour
- Bilberry and blueberry contain anthocyanins which provide the natural pigment that gives the berries their characteristic dark blue colour
- Oregano is a well-established herb used traditionally for many years. It is rich in antioxidants and antimicrobial compounds due to its high content of phenolic acids and flavonoids
- Rosemary leaf is a traditional herb that has been used for centuries. It contains the active ingredient rosmarinic acid, which is a powerful antioxidant
- Lycopene is a carotenoid from tomato and is responsible for its bright red colour. It acts as a powerful antioxidant
- Broccoli contains sulforaphane which is a natural sulphur-rich plant compound. It is associated with a wide range of health benefits
Flavonoids and carotenoids are contained in all fruit and vegetables as well as cacao, wine and tea. The levels are much higher in organic produce as the nutrients serve as protection against pests and other external threats to the plant. If a plant is protected by herbicides and pesticides it has less need to produce its own protection in the form of flavonoids and carotenoids, and hence levels are significantly lower in non-organic produce.
|Turmeric extract 50:1||40mg||*|
|Blueberry extract 4:1||80mg||*|
|(blueberry powder equivalent)||320mg||*|
|Ginger root extract 20:1||50mg||*|
|Grapeseed extract 10:1||50mg||*|
|Broccoli extract 15:1||30mg||*|
|Rosemary leaf extract||30mg||*|
|(providing rosmarinic acid)||0.9mg||*|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Blueberry extract 4:1 (Vaccinium sect.cyanococcus), quercetin, marigold extract (providing lutein and zeaxanthin), tomato extract (Solanum lycopersicum) (providing lycopene), turmeric extract 50:1 (Curcuma longa) (providing 95% curcuminoids), ginger root extract 20:1 (Zingiber officinale) (providing 5% gingerols), grapeseed extract 10:1 (Vitis vinifera) (providing 95% proanthocyanins), green tea (Carmellia sinensis) (providing 40% catechins) (providing 95% polyphenols), broccoli extract 15:1 (Brassica oleracea) (providing 1% sulphoraphane), rosemary leaf extract 5:1 (Rosamarinus officinalis) (providing 3% rosmarinic acid), beta carotene (Dunaliella salina), oregano extract (Origanum vulgare) (providing 30% carvacrol), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
1 capsule daily, or as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians, vegans and people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please consult with your doctor before use.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule shell).
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.