- Wholefood vitamin D3 drops
- Suitable for babies (from birth) and older children
- 4 drops provide the 10ug (400i.u.) recommended dose for those aged 1 year and over
- Suitable for vegans
- Safe and effective for daily use
- Easily absorbed and utilised
Ideal for vegetarians and vegans, this vitamin D supplement (derived from lichen) is provided in the form of vitamin D3 drops and is suitable for use from birth.
- Vitamin D is frequently referred to as the sunshine vitamin, as sunlight is necessary for its synthesis (vitamin D is produced underneath the skin following exposure to sunlight)
- Those at particular risk of vitamin D deficiency include the elderly (65 years+), those who rarely get outdoors (lack of sunshine), individuals with dark skin and children under five years of age
- Two drops of our Vitamin D3 Drops supplement provides 5µg (200iu) of vitamin D3
Vitamin D contributes to:
- the absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- normal blood calcium levels
- the maintenance of bones and teeth
- the maintenance of normal muscle function
- the normal function of the immune system
Vitamin D also has a role in the process of cell division
Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
Vitamin D helps to reduce the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness. Falling is a risk factor for bone fractures among men and women 60 years of age and older
In the UK, the Department of Health recommends babies from birth to 1 year of age who are being exclusively breastfed should be given a daily supplement containing 8.5 to 10µg of vitamin D, whether or not the mother is taking a supplement containing vitamin D. They recommend that adults and children over the age of 1 should supplement with 10µg of vitamin D a day.
Please note, the Department of Health also recommends that all children aged 6 months to 5 years of age are given vitamin supplements containing vitamins A, C and D every day unless they are having more than 500ml (about a pint) of infant formula (which is fortified with vitamins).
|2 drops of vitamin d3||5µg (200 i.u.)||100|
|0.5mls of vitamin d3||40µg (1600 i.u.)||800|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Vitamin D3 (plant derived cholecalciferol from lichen), medium chain triglycerides of coconut fatty acids, d-alpha-tocopherol (antioxidant).
As directed by a practitioner: 2 drops = 5µg (200 i.u.), 0.5 mls = 40µg (1600 i.u.).
Vegetarians and vegans.
Medium chain triglycerides of coconut fatty acids, d-alpha-tocopherol (antioxidant).
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, colourings & flavourings.
Store in a cool, dry place.