Vegetarian Vitamin D3 62.5ug
This product is a high potency Vitamin D3 supplement suitable for vegetarians. One tablet provides 62.5µg (2,500i.u) of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) at 1250% of the NRV.
Free delivery on UK orders of £25 and over. All prices shown inclusive of VAT, except where stated.
FREE UK DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OF £25 AND OVER
This product is a high potency Vitamin D3 supplement suitable for vegetarians.
- One tablet provides 62.5µg (2,500i.u) of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) at 1250% of the NRV.
- Vitamin D3 is more efficacious at raising serum 25(OH)D concentrations and therefore calcitriol than is vitamin D2, and thus vitamin D3 is the preferred choice for supplementation (1).
- With the evidence of widespread deficiency within the UK population, it is essential that the most efficacious source of vitamin D is consumed through supplementation (2,3).
- Government has identified people at risk of deficiency and recommends that they take a Vitamin D supplement. Older adults are at high risk of developing vitamin D insufficiency because of aging. Their skin cannot synthesize vitamin D as efficiently, they are likely to spend more time indoors, and they may have inadequate intakes of the vitamin.
- Homebound individuals, women who wear long robes and head coverings for religious reasons, and people with occupations that limit sun exposure are unlikely to obtain adequate vitamin D from sunlight (4)
- Vitamin D summary, including EFSA health claims, is provided on page *
- People with dark skin may also be deficient in Vitamin D, this is due to the increased amount of pigment melanin reducing the skin's ability to produce vitamin D from sunlight (4)
- Individuals with reduced ability to absorb dietary fat might require vitamin D supplements because vitamin D is fat soluble and requires some dietary fat in the gut for absorption (4)
- Obese people may need larger than usual intakes of vitamin D to achieve 25(OH)D levels comparable to those of normal weight (4)
References are available on page *
- High potency, one-a-day formula, the level often recommended by healthcare practitioners
- Suitable for men and women.
- For children recommend Vegan Vitamin D3 drops
- Form: Tablets
(1). Laura Tripkovic, Helen Lambert, Kathryn Hart, Colin P Smith, Giselda Bucca, Simon Penson, Gemma Chope, Elina Hyppönen, Jacqueline Berry, Reinhold Vieth, and Susan Lanham-New. (2012). “Comparison of vitamin D2 and vitamin D3 supplementation in raising serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D status: a systematic review and meta-analysis”. The American Journal of Clinicl Nutrition. 95(6): pp1357–1364.
(2) Elina Hyppönen, Chris Power. (2007). “Hypovitaminosis D in British Adults at Age 45 Y: Nationwide Cohort Study of Dietary and Lifestyle Predictors”. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 95(6): pp1357–1364.
(3) Michael F Holick, Tai C Chen. (2008). “Vitamin D Deficiency: A Worldwide Problem With Health Consequences”. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 87(4):pp1080S-6S
(4) Rathish Nair and Arun Maseeh. (2012) “Vitamin D:The “sunshine” vitamin”. Journal of Pharmacological Pharmacotherapy. 3: (2): pp 118-126.
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)||62.5μg (2500 i.u.)||1250|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value|
* Indicates no NRV
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), acacia gum, Sunflower oil, Starch, Microcrystalline cellulose, Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, stearic acid.
Take 1 tablet per day as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
GMO, gluten, wheat, dairy, unnatural flavourings unnatural colourings
Store in a cool, dry place
For UK-delivered orders that are under £25.00, we charge a nominal postage and packing fee of £3.50. UK orders of £25.00 and over are DELIVERED FREE OF CHARGE.
Dependent on weight, your order will either be sent by First Class post (Royal Mail) or via our nominated courier. A signature is required on receipt of the goods if delivered by our courier.
Please check all requirements (import taxes, customs regulations etc) regarding deliveries to countries outside the UK. Cytoplan Ltd cannot be held responsible for parcels that do not comply with the import regulations of the desination country.
We cannot guarantee next day delivery, although you should receive your order within 2-3 working days.
If you have not received your order within 5 working days, please contact our Customer Services department.
1. You can email our Customer Service department via our contact form here.
2. You can telephone on +44(0)1684 310099
3. You can write to us at Cytoplan Ltd, Unit 8 Hanley Workshops, Hanley Road, Hanley Swan, Worcester. Worcestershire.WR8 0DX