- Indicated for those with low B12 and low folate at start of treatment
- Small tablets
- Easy sublingual absorption
Cytoplan's Vitamin B12 Hydroxocobalamin tablets are at a high potency of 1mg (1,000µg) per sublingual tablet.
What is hydroxocobalamin?
- Hydroxocobalamin is an inactive form of vitamin B12. It is converted into the active methylcobalamin form in the body. For some people this form may be indicated rather than the active methylcobalamin
- Hydroxocobalamin B12 has high affinity to plasma proteins and so may be retained in the blood stream for a much longer period of time, compared to cyanocobalamin
Vitamin B12 Hydroxocobalamin tablets may be indicated:
- to start supplementation of B12 if an individual has both a folate and a vitamin B12 deficiency/vitamin B12 levels are low
- as part of a vegan or vegetarian diet as these can be low in B12 and could be a cause for vitamin B12 deficiency
- for other people at risk of low B12. This may include those with digestive conditions that lead to malabsorption, individuals with low stomach acid (e.g. due to long-term antacid medication, proton pump inhibitors, H2 blockers, ageing or zinc deficiency), surgery where nitrous oxide has been used as an anaesthetic, and other prescription medications which impair B12 absorption (e.g. metformin, colchicine, neomycin and others)
Vitamin B12 contributes to normal:
- energy-yielding metabolism
- nervous system function
- homocysteine metabolism
- psychological function
- red blood cell formation
- immune system function
Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Vitamin B12 has a role in the process of cell division
|Vitamin B12 (as hydroxocobalamin)||1mg||40,000|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Vitamin B12 (as hydroxocobalamin), dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid.
Place one tablet daily under the tongue until it is dissolved. Any residue can be swallowed with liquid after two minutes. Or take as directed by a practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
Vegetarians, vegans and people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
If you have recently had coronary stent surgery, do not take this supplement except under medical advice.
Dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid.
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight