- Provides 25μg (1000i.u.) of vitamin d3 per tablet
- Suitable for children aged 8 years and above
- Tiny tablets, making them easier to swallow
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Not suitable for vegans
- Gentle and effective for daily use
Each tablet provides 25µg (1,000i.u.) of vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol, which is the most bioavailable form of this nutrient. Vitamin D is needed for the normal growth and development of bone in children, as well as contributing to the normal function of a child's immune system.
- Junior Vitamin D3 is suitable for children from the age of 8 years old
- Suitable for vegetarians. The source of the vitamin D3 in this supplement is lanolin (from the wool of sheep reared for breeding and not for meat)
- Vitamin D is frequently referred to as the ‘sunshine vitamin’ as sunlight is necessary for its synthesis (vitamin D is produced underneath the skin following exposure to sunlight)
- Those at particular risk of vitamin D deficiency include the elderly (65 years+), those who rarely get outdoors (lack of sunshine) and people with dark skin. Children under five are also at risk and for this age group we have Vitamin D3 Drops (code 3323)
Vitamin D contributes to:
- the absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- normal blood calcium levels
- the maintenance of bones and teeth
- the maintenance of normal muscle function
- the normal function of the immune system
Vitamin D also has a role in the process of cell division
Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
Vitamin D helps to reduce the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness. Falling is a risk factor for bone fractures among men and women who are 60 years of age and older
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate dihydrate, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
Take 1 tablet per day as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians, adults and children from the age of 8 years old.
Microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate dihydrate, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
GMO, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, colourings & flavourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.